Use accounting integrations with Xero and TaxJar to set up sales reports, or export your raw sales data to manage in Excel.
Connect your store to Xero
If your business is in the United States and you’re on the Commerce Basic or Advanced plan, you can use our integration with Xero to automatically export a daily sales report. Using Xero’s accounting software, you can view daily invoices for your business, which break down credits, charges, taxes, and payment processor fees. To learn more, visit Using Xero with Squarespace.
Export your sales data
To use different software for accounting, you can export your sales data to an Excel file. The data displays in an Excel workbook, which breaks down credits, charges, taxes, and payment processor fees into different tabs. The Excel file is compatible with other popular accounting services.
To export your sales data:
- In the Home Menu, click Commerce, and then click Accounting.
- Choose a date range.
- Click Download.
These are the specific date ranges:
- Last week - 12 AM Sunday to 11:59 PM Saturday
- Last month - 12 AM on the first to 11:59 PM on the last day of the month
- Last 90 days - 12 AM 90 days ago (including the request date) to the moment of the request
- Year to date - 12 AM on January 1 to the moment of the request
Automate sales tax reporting with TaxJar
TaxJar automates sales tax calculation and filing. If you're on the Commerce Advanced plan, use our integration with TaxJar to export your sales data to their platform, where they create sales tax reports across all states, counties, and cities where you sell products and help you manage filing deadlines.