This guide covers how to log into Google Workspace (previously G Suite) after creating your account. You'll log into Google to access Gmail, Google Drive, Admin Console, and other Google Workspace features. It's not possible to log into your Google Workspace account through your Squarespace site.
Your first time logging in
After you receive an email from Squarespace with your temporary password, log into your Admin Console to complete the setup.
- In the confirmation email, click the Log Into Email link.
- Log in using the temporary password and the new email address you created. If you’re already logged into another Google Workspace or Gmail account, like your personal account, first choose Add account, and then log in.
- Review Google Workspace’s Terms of Service and click Accept.
- Create a new password for your account to replace the temporary one and click Change Password.
- Review Google Workspace’s supplemental terms of service and click Accept Terms of Service.
- You’ll be taken to your new Google Workspace inbox.
Note: If you see a request to verify domain ownership, or a message that you don't have access to email, retry domain verification.
Tip: After logging in, you can use Google’s setup wizard to get started.
Accept Google Workspace’s Terms of Service
You must accept Google Workspace’s Terms of Service when logging into your new account for the first time.
If you sign up for an annual plan and don’t log in to accept Google Workspace’s Terms of Service, your Google Workspace account will be automatically removed from Squarespace and transferred to Google at the end of your first billing cycle. If your Google Workspace account has already transferred to Google, it's not possible to reinstate it through Squarespace, but you can complete setup and establish billing with Google directly to continue using the account.
After accepting Google Workspace’s Terms of Service, your Google Workspace subscription will also be set to auto-renew.
Log in after setup
After logging in for the first time, use these URLs to access Google Workspace. Replace “yourdomain.tld” with the custom domain you use for Google Workspace. We recommend bookmarking these for easy access:
- Admin Console - http://admin.google.com/a/yourdomain.tld
- Email - http://mail.google.com/a/yourdomain.tld
"admin.google.com is for Google Workspace accounts only" message
If you try to log into a Google Workspace Administrator inbox but you’re logged into a personal Gmail address, Google will display the message "admin.google.com is for Google Workspace accounts only. Regular Gmail accounts cannot be used to sign in to admin.google.com." Below the message, you’ll see a list of email addresses and/or the option to add another account.
Follow the instructions that match your situation to resolve this error and log into your Google Admin Console:
- If this is your first time logging into your Google Workspace account, find your confirmation email and follow the steps to log in.
- If the Google Workspace address you want isn't in the list, click Add account, and then log in using your custom email address, not an @gmail.com address.
- If the Google Workspace address you want is in this list, select it. (Ensure it's not an @gmail.com address.)
- For more ways to fix this issue and help on logging into your Google Admin Console, visit Google's documentation.