If you can't find what you're looking for in our guides, contact us here. Our normal hours are:
- 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
- Monday-Friday: 4AM to 8PM EDT
- Saturday-Sunday: Closed
Tip: Live chat hours may change periodically based on demand as we work through a record number of requests in response to COVID-19. We appreciate your flexibility.
For tips on expanding your online presence and adapting your site when you can't connect to customers in person, visit our guide COVID-19 resources.
More ways to get 24/7 support
- Chat with the Support Assistant
- @SquarespaceHelp on Twitter
- See outage updates on our status page and Twitter.
When you contact us, you’ll always talk to real, friendly humans. If you're looking for phone support, note that we limit our support to online communication. To learn more, visit Why we don't offer phone support.
To start an email or live chat, visit our Contact page, choose a topic that best fits your question, and follow the prompts to send us your message.
Keep in mind:
- The contact form isn't supported in Microsoft Edge. Please use a different browser, like Google Chrome or Firefox.
- Live chat isn't available on mobile devices.
- Some Squarespace emails come from addresses that can’t receive inbound messages, so you can't respond to those directly. However, we’re always happy to help. If you have a question, contact us or reply directly to an open email ticket.
Tips for contacting us
To expedite your answer, consider these tips when contacting us:
- Log into your Squarespace account. If you’re not able to log into your account, try our troubleshooting steps.
- If you’re working with a third party such as a domain or email provider, log into your account with them.
- Being specific really helps. The more details you include about the page, URL, or location you have questions about, the better we can understand what you want to achieve.
- Visuals help too. Feel free to upload screenshots or files that can help us see what you're seeing. We can’t see embedded images, so attach them rather than dragging them into the body of the email.
- If you’re not sure how to refer to what you’re working on, take a look at our glossary.
The Squarespace Support Assistant
When viewing our Help Center, you may see a chat bubble in the bottom-right corner. This is our chatbot, the Squarespace Support Assistant.
If the Squarespace Support Assistant can't answer your questions, request to speak to a human instead. This will give you the option to start a live chat or email a member of our Customer Support team.
Topics outside the scope of our support
Before contacting us, note that we can't provide support for the following topics:
- Custom code modifications - Visit the Squarespace Forum or hire a Squarespace Expert. Learn more from our Custom code FAQ.
- SEO strategy - Because search engines have complex, frequently changing technology, and everyone's marketing needs are unique, we're unable to provide specific SEO advice. Visit What Squarespace does for SEO to learn more about our built-in SEO features.
- Tax advice - Consult with a tax professional when setting up taxes.
- Third-party services - We can help with Squarespace's official integrations, but for other code-based customizations, contact the third-party service directly.
Tip: If you're a business needing dedicated support for your site, explore Squarespace Select.
Why we ask for ownership verification
For security, sometimes we'll ask you to verify that you're the Site Owner or an Administrator. For example, we may ask you to verify account ownership by emailing us from the specific email address on file for the site. We request this information to help protect your privacy and information. To learn more, visit Verifying your account ownership.
Following up with Customer Support
After contacting us, you can keep a record of your conversation and follow up on it depending on the contact method:
- To save a record of your live chat conversation, click ... in the bottom-right corner of the chat window, and then click Email transcript.
- To follow up on a live chat conversation, contact us again. Tell us the date and time of your chat to help us locate it in our system.
- To find responses to your previous tickets, search your email inbox for messages from email@example.com.
- To follow up on an email conversation, reply to the message.
- If you have new questions, visit our Contact page to start a new ticket.
Tip: We disabled the Help Center's My Activities tab due to a security concern. Use the search option above to find our response in your inbox.
Feature request follow-up
While all feature requests are considered, we don't send updates to specific requests. To stay informed of what's new in Squarespace, subscribe to Website Product Updates.