You can contact us 24 hours a day, seven days a week. Squarespace Customer Support is available during these hours:
- Email - 24/7
- Live chat - 4am to 8pm Eastern Time, Monday through Friday
- @SquarespaceHelp on Twitter - 24/7
When you contact us, you’ll always talk to real, friendly humans. All Customer Support Advisors work from our headquarters in New York, Portland, and Dublin.
To start an email or live chat with Squarespace:
- Go to our Contact page.
- If prompted, log into your Squarespace account.
- Select topics from the drop-down menus that best describe your question. This helps us direct you to the help you need.
- If the suggested guides don't answer your question, click Email or Live Chat.
- Follow the prompts on your screen to compose your email or start your live chat.
If you're looking for phone support, note that we limit our support to online communication. To learn more, visit Why we don't offer phone support.
Tips for contacting us
- Live chat isn't available on mobile devices.
- To save a record of your live chat conversation, click ... in the bottom-right corner of the chat window, and then click Email transcript.
- Being specific really helps. The more details you include about the page, URL, or location you have questions about, the better we can understand what you want to achieve.
- Visuals help too. Feel free to upload screenshots or files that can help us see what you're seeing. We can’t see embedded images, so attach them rather than dragging them into the body of the email.
- You can reply to our responses directly from our email response.
- If you have new questions, we recommend creating a new ticket so each question can be handled within its own email thread. This makes referencing these messages faster in the future.
The Squarespace Support Assistant
When viewing our Help Center, you may see a chat bubble in the bottom-right corner of your screen. This is the Squarespace Support Assistant, which is a bot that answers simple questions about Squarespace.
If the Squarespace Support Assistant can't answer your questions, request to speak to a human instead. This will give you the option to start a live chat or email with one of our Customer Support Advisors.
Topics outside the scope of our support
Before contacting us, note that we can't provide support for the following topics:
- Custom code modifications - Visit Squarespace Answers or hire a Squarespace Expert. Learn more from our Custom code FAQ.
- SEO strategy - Because search engines have complex, frequently changing technology, and everyone's marketing needs are unique, we're unable to provide specific SEO advice. Visit What Squarespace does for SEO to learn more about our built-in SEO features.
- Tax advice - Consult with a tax professional when setting up taxes in Squarespace Commerce.
- Third-party services - We can help with Squarespace's official integrations, but for other third-party customizations, contact the third-party service directly.
Why we ask for ownership verification
For security, sometimes we'll ask you to verify that you're the Site Owner or an Administrator. For example, we may ask you to verify account ownership by emailing us from the specific email address on file for the site. We request this information to help protect your privacy and information. To learn more, visit Verifying your account ownership.
Review your messages
The My Activities tab of this site is helpful for managing all of your email conversations with us in one place, checking the status of your cases, and replying directly.
To view your email messages from Customer Support in My Activities:
- In the top-right corner of this site (support.squarespace.com), click Login. If you already see your name in the top-right corner, skip to Step 3.
- Log in using the same credentials you use to log into your site.
- Click the drop-down menu under your name in the top-right corner.
- Select My Activities.
I'm having trouble using the contact form
I don't see past tickets in My Activities
Only emails are saved to My Activities. If you requested a chat transcript, check your email inbox, as these are sent to you directly and won't display in My Activities.
I can't reply to emails from Squarespace
Some Squarespace emails come from an address that can’t receive inbound messages, so you can't respond to those directly. However, we’re always happy to help. If you have a question, contact us here or reply directly to an open email ticket.
Can I check the status of an outage?
Can I check the status of a feature request?
While all feature requests are considered, we don’t send product updates related to specific requests. To stay updated on what’s new in Squarespace, subscribe to Website Product Updates.