To change what a contributor can edit in your Squarespace site, you can edit their permissions in the Permissions panel. Only Administrators can edit contributor permissions.
For help choosing the right permissions, visit Squarespace permissions explained.
To edit permissions:
- In the Home Menu, click Settings, and then click Permissions.
- In the Contributors with permissions section, click the contributor's name to open their permissions.
- Check or uncheck the permissions (also known as user roles) based on the areas of your site this contributor can manage. You can check multiple permissions. For more information about available permissions, visit Squarespace permissions explained.
- Click Save.
Note: Squarespace doesn't support per-page editing permissions at this time.
Contributors without permissions
The Contributors Without Permissions section is a placeholder for contributors without access that you haven't removed from your site. From here, you can grant permissions again or remove them entirely.
- In the Site Settings tab, swipe down and tap Permissions.
- Tap a contributor’s name to open their permissions.
- A list of permissions will open. Switch the toggles beside the permissions on or off. You can enable multiple permissions. For more information about available permissions, visit Squarespace permissions explained.
- Tap Save.
Remove a contributor
If a contributor doesn't need access to edit your site (for example, if they're no longer with your company) remove their contributor profile.