Squarespace accepts Visa, MasterCard, Discover, American Express, JCB, and Diners Club cards. Prepaid Visa and MasterCard debit cards are also accepted. If you're paying for your Squarespace subscription, domain, G Suite by Google, or Getty Images with one of these cards and your payment was declined, check the following scenarios to troubleshoot the issue.
Invalid card number
If your card number is incorrect, a red warning will display. Check your card number for errors and try again.
A message saying Subscription Failed will appear when a charge is denied by the bank. This can happen for two reasons.
- Incorrect Information - If your expiration date or CVV code is incorrect, your bank will deny the charge. Correct the information and the issue should resolve.
- Transaction Declined - If your card number, expiration date, and CVV are all correct, then your bank is denying the charge for another reason. Contact your bank with the date and time you tried to make a charge to SQUARESPACE INC. After resolving any issues with your bank, attempt the payment again.
Note: Squarespace is unable to accept Verified by Visa and MasterCard with SecureCode cards at this time.
Note: JCB, Discover, and Diners Club cards can only be charged in USD.
If your information is entered correctly and your bank says they're not seeing a charge attempt, contact us with the following information so we can investigate this further:
- The full name and last four digits on the credit card
- The built-in Squarespace URL for the site (Example: yoursite.squarespace.com)
- Description of the error
- Any other relevant information from your bank