The Mobile Information Bar displays your business information in a banner at the bottom of your site when viewing it on a mobile device, giving visitors quick access to your contact information on the go. It appears when you're at the top of a page and disappears as you scroll down.
Watch a video
What displays in a Mobile Information Bar
The Mobile Information Bar can include these buttons:
- Email - Opens an email to your email address
- Call - Prompts a call to your phone number
- Map - Opens a map with a pin on your location
- Hours - Opens your business hours and shows if your business is currently open or closed
The bar doesn't display on Cover Pages or when viewing sites on desktop browsers or tablets.
Tip: Some templates offer more customizable mobile bars.
Add a Mobile Information Bar
To add a Mobile Information Bar:
- In the Home Menu, click Settings, and then click Mobile Information Bar.
- Select Enable Mobile Info Bar (Dark) or Enable Mobile Info Bar (Light) from the drop-down menu.
- Add or check the information to show in the Mobile Information Bar. You can show an email address, phone number, location, and business hours. This information pulls from Business Information Settings.
- To change any details, click Edit.
- Click Save to publish your changes.
- Tap Settings, then tap Mobile Information Bar.
- Tap the Show toggle to enable the bar.
- Tap Style to choose a Light or Dark look.
- Tap the toggle for information to add to the Mobile Information Bar. You can show an email address, phone number, location, and business hours. This information pulls from Business Information Settings.
- To view or edit details, tap Edit Business Information.
- Tap Save to publish your changes.
The Mobile Information Bar isn't displaying
First, check if you enabled the Mobile Information Bar by following the steps above.
If it's enabled but you're still not seeing it, some text entered in Business Information Settings might have a formatting issue called "nonbreaking spaces." Nonbreaking spaces can happen if text was pasted from a service or text editor outside of Squarespace. In HTML, these appear as
To fix this, delete any text you copied or pasted into Business Information Settings, and then type the text instead of copying and pasting.