Help visitors share your content on social media by adding Share buttons to your blog posts, product items, Album Pages, and events. Encouraging social sharing can expand your audience and drive more traffic to your site.
When you add Share buttons, visitors can share your blog content, products, albums, and events to their social profiles in one click.
You can add Share buttons for these services:
- Google +
Note: The Facebook Share button displays as a Like icon. This won't post directly to the visitor's Facebook timeline, but may appear in their friends' News Feeds, depending on their feed and Facebook's algorithms.
Depending on your template, Share buttons may appear on your main collection page or on individual collection items.
Tip: Since Share buttons vary by template, visit your template's guide for additional details on how they work within your site's design.
Here's an example of what Share buttons look like on a blog post in the Native template:
Step 1 - Go to Share Buttons Settings
In the Home Menu, click Settings, click Marketing, and then click Share Buttons.
Step 2 - Select social media sites
Check each social media site you want to add as a sharing option.
To hide a social media site from the list of sharing options, uncheck it.
- Pinterest Share buttons only appear for Blog Posts, Products, or Album Pages with thumbnail images. This is because Pinterest pulls the thumbnail image as the image to pin.
- The StumbleUpon sharing option doesn’t display on your site if you’re logged in, but it always displays to your visitors. To see the StumbleUpon sharing option, log out of your site.
Step 3 - Save
Click Save to publish your changes.
In most templates, visitors can find the Share buttons by clicking a Share link or icon.
Share links appear on these pages:
- Album Pages - All templates
- Events - All templates
- Gallery Pages - Flatiron template only
- Regular Pages - Flatiron template, only when viewed in an Index Page
- Blog posts - All templates, except those with special Share buttons.
- Product items - All templates, except those with special Share buttons.
Share buttons typically display below the content or near the Comments section.
Share buttons display near the Add to Cart button.
Share buttons typically display below album titles.
Note: Not all templates show Share buttons on Album Pages by default. Uncheck Hide Album Share Link in the Style Editor to display the buttons.
While on an event, in the Home Menu click Design, click Style Editor, then scroll down to Event and check Show Social Buttons.
This will include Share buttons on single events.
Advanced Share options
The following templates have customizable Share buttons that display on blog posts and product item pages. This list groups templates by family.
- Brine, Clay, Feed, Foster, Greenwich, Hatch, Heights, Hunter, Hyde, Jaunt, Juke, Keene, Lincoln, Marta, Mercer, Mojave, Motto, Nueva, Rally, Rover, Sonora, Thorne
- Farro, Haute
- Skye, Foundry, Tudor
- Tremont, Carson, Henson
- York, Artesia, Harris, Lange, Jasper, Shibori, Taylor
Share buttons on these templates display on the page, rather than behind a Share link.
After enabling Share buttons, you can adjust their size, spacing, color, and style:
- Go to a product item or blog post.
- In the Home Menu, click Settings, and then click Style Editor.
- Scroll down to Share Buttons.
- Use the Style tweak to adjust the style (icon only, solid, outline, or raised) of the Share buttons.
- Depending on which style you choose, more tweaks will appear to add labels and adjust the button options.
Here are just a few of the ways you can style them:
Hide Share buttons
To remove all Share buttons on your site, uncheck all the social media sites in the Share Buttons panel (see Step 1 and Step 2 in this guide).
Product item pages
To remove Share buttons from product item pages only, go to the Home Menu, click Design, and then click Style Editor. Then use the tweaks below to remove the buttons. This table groups templates by family.
||Check Hide Product Share Button|
||Uncheck Show Share Buttons.|
|All other templates||Uncheck Product Social Sharing.|
To remove Share buttons from Album Pages only:
- In the Home Menu, click Design, and then click Style Editor.
- Scroll down to Album Options.
- Check Hide Album Share Link.
- Click Save.
You can only remove Share buttons from blog posts in certain templates. This table groups templates by family.
Scroll down to Blog and check Hide List Entry Footer. This hides comments and the Like and Share buttons on the blog landing page.
||Scroll down to Share Buttons and uncheck Show Icons, Show Labels, and Show Counts.|
||Scroll down to Blog: Item and uncheck Show Share Buttons.|
Squarespace offers other ways to connect your site to social media.