You can connect a Tumblr account to your Squarespace site. This allows you to add a social icon to link to your Tumblr feed and automatically push blog content to Tumblr.
Before you begin
- If you have more than one Tumblr blog, select a Primary Blog in Tumblr Settings. Pushed content from Squarespace will always appear in this blog.
- This isn't an automatic sync between your Squarespace Blog Page and Tumblr. Repeat Step 3 for every blog post you want to publish to Tumblr.
- Only Text, Image, Markdown, and Quote Blocks push to Tumblr.
- Gallery Blocks in posts don't push to Tumblr. Instead, use multiple Image Blocks to ensure your images appear.
- Gallery Pages don't push content to Tumblr.
- If you're moving from Tumblr to Squarespace, you can import Tumblr posts.
Step 1 - Connect your Tumblr account
Depending on your plan:
- In the Home Menu, click Settings, and then click Connected Accounts.
- In the Home Menu, click Social Icons, and then click Connected Accounts. (Cover Pages)
Click Connect Account.
Select Tumblr from the Social Accounts menu, and log in using your Tumblr username and password.
Step 2 - Display a Tumblr social icon
You can add a Tumblr icon that links to your Tumblr profile.
In Connected Accounts Settings, select your Tumblr account to open Tumblr Settings. Ensure Show Social Icon is checked.
Note: After connecting Tumblr to Squarespace in this step, the social icon will automatically display in most templates, but not all of them. You can also add social icons using the Social Links Block. Learn how these icons display in your template in our template guide.
Step 3 - Push content to Tumblr
You can share blog posts to your Tumblr profile. In the Blog Post Editor, click the Social tab to view the push options for the post.
Next to your Tumblr profile, switch the Social toggle to on.
This content is automatically formatted for display on the Tumblr blog selected in Tumblr Settings.