The contact information for your Squarespace Domain (also known as your Who.is information) is either the email you entered at registration or the contact email associated with the Website Owner's contributor profile.
This guide shows how to find your domain contact information and update it if necessary.
It's important to keep your domain contact information up to date because:
- We send this email address important notifications for your domain.
- We use this email address to verify domain ownership.
- Third-party domain providers may request this information if you transfer the domain to them.
Unless you disable Whois privacy, this information is private and we won't share it on public records. Whois/domain privacy is included with all Squarespace Domains.
Step 1 - Open the Domains panel
Depending on your plan:
- In the Home Menu, click Settings, and then click Domains.
- In the Home Menu, click Domains.
You can also press the ? key while any panel is open and search domains.
Click the domain you want to review.
Click Registration Information.
Step 2 - Review and edit
You can set contact information for your Owner, Admin, Tech, and Billing contacts.
Note: These contacts serve different purposes for sites run by large organizations. If your site management team is small, we recommend using the same contact for all four.
Contact roles explained
- Owner - The primary contact that should be the same as the site owner. The Owner is listed as the official registrant for the domain and receives all domain emails.
- Admin - The secondary contact. The Admin won't have ownership of the domain but will receive most domain emails.
- Tech - A backup contact. The Tech contacts only receives critical domain emails.
- Billing - Another backup contact. The Billing contact only receives critical domain emails and isn't listed in the core Whois information.
Click a contact to review information and update if necessary.
Double-check that the email address is correct. Click Save to save any changes.
Step 3 - Verify via email
After changing any contact information, you'll receive an email from firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject "Verification Required: Please verify your domain name(s) as soon as possible."
Even if you verified your domain after registration, you must verify it again after any change you make to the domain. If you don't verify your domain via email, your domain will be suspended in 15 days.
Note: If you change contact information to an email address that previously completed the verification process, your email address is already verified and you won't receive another verification email.
Click the link in the email to verify your domain.
Then click Verify Information in the page that opens.
After verifying your domain via email, the contact information change is complete.
Since your domain contact information is important, we recommend saving it somewhere convenient so you have it for your records.