You can export orders to a .csv file in the Orders panel. Use the filters in the export tool to refine the exported data by order status and date range.
Before you begin
- To export custom product form submissions, select a specific product during the export process.
- To export submissions for multiple products, repeat the steps below to export each product individually.
Note: Custom product form submissions for deleted products aren't available for export.
Step 1 - Go to the Orders panel
Depending on your plan:
- In the Home Menu, click Commerce, and then click Orders.
- In the Home Menu, click Orders.
You can also press the ? key while any panel is open and search orders.
Click Export CSV.
Step 2 - Select orders to export
Filter by Order Status
Check or uncheck the orders to export. You can choose to export any combination of:
- Pending orders
- Completed orders
- Cancelled orders
Filter by Order Date
Select a date range from the Include Orders From drop-down menu.
The date range is based on when orders were created, not when you marked them as completed.
There are 13 date range options in the menu. Select Specific date range to set a custom date range.
Select product details
In the next step, refine which products to include in the order export. You can select to include details in orders for all products or a specific product.
Select Specific Product if you want to export information submitted in Custom Product Forms.
Select a product (optional)
If you selected Specific Product, search for the product in the Find a Product box that appears.
Check Include product form data to include Custom Product Form submissions in the .csv.
Note: Unpublished, Scheduled, Hidden, or deleted products won't appear in search.
Step 3 - Click Save to export
Click Save to download the .csv file. You can open the file in Microsoft Excel, Numbers, or another spreadsheet program.
The .csv file includes:
- Email (Customer's Email)
- Order ID
- Discount Code
- Created at (Date & Time Created)
- Fulfilled at (Date & Time Fulfilled)
- Cancelled at (Date & Time of Cancellation)
- Accepts Marketing (Subscribed to Newsletter)
- Shipping Method
- Internal notes
- Custom checkout form submissions (Each form field will be in its own column.)
- Custom product form submissions (When a specific product is selected. Each form field will be in its own column.)
- Shipping (Cost of Shipping)
- Amount Refunded
- Discount Amount
- Payment Method
- Payment Reference (Reference Code for Payment)
- Financial Status (Status of Charge)
- Paid at (Date & Time of Payment)
- Lineitem quantity (Quantity of Item)
- Lineitem name (Name of Item)
- Lineitem price (Price of Item)
- Lineitem compare at price (Price of Item Before Sale)
- Lineitem sku (SKU of Item)
- Lineitem variant (Variants Selected for Item)
- Lineitem requires shipping (Shipping Required for Item)
- Lineitem taxable (Item can be Taxed)
- Lineitem fulfillment status (Fulfillment Status of Item)
- Billing Name
- Billing Street
- Billing Address 1 (Line 1)
- Billing Address 2 (Line 2)
- Billing Company
- Billing City
- Billing Zip
- Billing Province
- Billing Country
- Billing Phone
- Shipping Name
- Shipping Street
- Shipping Address 1 (Line 1)
- Shipping Address 2 (Line 2)
- Shipping Company
- Shipping City
- Shipping Zip
- Shipping Province
- Shipping Country
Tip: If you're interested in order fulfillment and inventory integrations, learn about the Order API beta.