Squarespace 7 is our current interface, designed to make building and managing your site more intuitive. Moving from Squarespace 5 to Squarespace 7 requires migrating your content from our older platform to a completely new product. This means you'll be redesigning your site using a Squarespace 7 template and then importing your content.
To move from Squarespace 5 to Squarespace 7:
- Start a Squarespace 7 trial.
- Import your Squarespace 5 content and enable it.
- Set up, style, and add to your site. You may need to recreate content that didn't import automatically.
- Upgrade your Squarespace 7 site to active billing.
- Move your custom domain.
- Cancel Squarespace 5 billing.
For detailed steps, visit Moving from Squarespace 5 to Squarespace 7 on our Squarespace 5 help center.