On version 7.0, most Squarespace templates give you the option to add and style a tagline. A tagline is a short piece of text that tells the world what your site is about. Taglines in Squarespace usually display near the site title or logo, to help reinforce your brand.
This guide reviews how to add a tagline and how it displays on each template.
Taglines are only available on version 7.0. For a similar look on version 7.1, use a logo image that includes your tagline text.
Add a tagline
Add or edit your tagline from the Home Menu on a computer or from Settings on the Squarespace App.
To edit your tagline from the Home Menu:
- Click Design, then click Logo & Title. You can also hover over your site title on any page, and click Edit.
- In the Tagline field, enter your tagline.
- Click Save to publish your changes.
Tagline display by template
Each template is unique, and not all templates display the tagline. Here's how the taglines display in these template families.
- To style the tagline, visit your template's Site Styles tweaks guide and look for Tagline, Tagline, or Subtitle tweaks.
- If your template doesn't have a specific size tweak, use the font tweak to adjust the size.
|Brine||Yes. Doesn't display on mobile.|
|Farro||Yes. Doesn't display on mobile.|
|Five||Yes. Appears when Banner Content is set to Site Title Logo Tagline in Site Styles. Doesn't display on mobile.|
|Forte||Yes. Appears on browsers taller than 800 pixels.|
|Galapagos||Yes. Doesn't display on mobile.|
|Montauk||Yes. Appears when Tagline is selected from the Header Subtitle drop-down in Site Styles.|
|Supply||Yes. Doesn't display on mobile.|
|Tremont||Yes. Disappears when there isn't enough room for it to display horizontally. Check Always Show Tagline in Site Styles to display it in the navigation overlay.|