A tag line is a short piece of text that tells the world what your site is about. Many Squarespace templates give you the option to add and style a tag line. Tag lines in Squarespace usually display near the site title or logo, to help reinforce your brand.
This guide includes the two ways you can add a tag line and information on how it displays by template.
Note: This option is only available on desktop. For mobile, edit from the Home Menu.
To edit your tag line from the page annotation, hover over your site title on any page and click Edit.
This opens the Logo & Title panel. In the Tag Line box, enter your tag line, then click Save to publish your changes.
To edit your tag line from your Home Menu, click Design, and then click Logo & Title.
In the Tag Line box, enter your tag line, then click Save to publish your changes.
To edit your tag line:
- From your Home Menu, tap Design, and then tap Logo & Title.
- In the Tag Line box, enter your tag line.
- Tap Save to publish your changes.
Tag line display
Each template is unique, and not all templates display the tag line. The following is a list of templates that support tag lines, and any special notes about how the tag lines display. Templates are grouped by family.
- Aviator, Aubrey, Encore
- Brine, Basil, Burke, Clay, Ethan, Feed, Foster, Greenwich, Hatch, Heights, Hunter, Hyde, Jaunt, Juke, Keene, Lincoln, Marta, Mercer, Mojave, Motto, Nueva, Polaris, Rally, Rover, Sonny, Sonora, Thorne - Doesn't display in mobile
- Farro, Haute - Doesn't display in mobile
- Five - Appears when Banner Content is set to Site Title Logo Tagline in the Style Editor. Doesn't display in mobile
- Forte - Appears on browsers taller than 800 pixels. The tag line is hidden on smaller browsers to make room for imagery
- Galapagos - Doesn't display in mobile
- Montauk, Julia, Kent, Om - Appears when Tag Line is selected from the Header Subtitle drop-down in the Style Editor
- Skye, Foundry, Tudor
- Supply - Doesn't display in mobile
- Tremont, Carson, and Henson - Disappears when there isn't enough room for it to display horizontally. Check Always Show Tagline to display it in the navigation overlay.
- York, Artesia, Harris, Lange, Jasper, Shibori, Taylor