You can remove the "Powered by Squarespace" text that comes with your template's footer. This text is optional and you’re welcome to delete it and replace it with other content.
Remove the Text Block (most templates)
In most templates, "Powered by Squarespace" is a Text Block in the footer. Follow these steps to remove it:
- Hover over the footer and click Edit.
Tip: If you don't see the Edit annotation, collapse the site preview by clicking the arrow in the top-left corner, or press Esc. Annotations aren't available while in Site Styles.
- In the footer editor, click and drag the "Powered by Squarespace" Text Block into the trash icon that appears. Depending on your template, it'll look something like this:
- To replace the text with your own content, you can add new blocks.
- Click Save to publish your changes.
For detailed steps on customizing your footer, visit Editing footers.
Remove the navigation link
In some templates, such as Aria and Burke, the “Powered by Squarespace” text isn't in a Text Block. Instead, it's a navigation link in Footer Main Navigation.
To remove the link:
- In the Home Menu, click Pages.
- Hover over the link title and click the trash can icon that appears.