In this guide, you’ll learn about which browsers work well with Squarespace and the minimum requirements for editing your site.
You can use the following browsers to edit and view your Squarespace site.
- Chrome - PC, Mac, and Linux
- Firefox - PC, Mac, and Linux
- Internet Explorer - PC only (You can view sites on Squarespace version 7.1, but you can't edit them.)
- Microsoft Edge - PC and Mac
- Microsoft Edge Legacy - PC only
- Safari - Mac only (Safari Private Browsing isn't supported for editing your site.)
On touchscreen devices, editing may work the same way as on mobile browsers, depending on the device type and browser size.
- You can edit many parts of your site on Chrome in Android and Safari in iOS and iPadOS.
- Squarespace sites are optimized for viewing in Chrome and Safari's mobile browsers.
- Use the Squarespace mobile apps for areas that don’t yet support mobile editing.
- To learn more about using Squarespace on mobile, visit Editing your site on mobile devices
Here are a few other things to note when using a supported browser:
- Beta versions of browsers aren't supported.
- Using an unsupported browser may prevent you from accessing secure, HTTPS versions of Squarespace sites.
Check and update your browser version
We recommend using the latest browser version available to your operating system. See your browser’s documentation to learn more about checking and updating your version:
Your version of Safari, Microsoft Edge, and Internet Explorer depends on your device's operating system.
Display varies by browser
Minor differences in how your site appears from one browser to another are completely normal. These differences are caused by browsers using slightly different technology to turn underlying computer code into pages displayed on your screen.
Important browser settings
To log into and edit your site, check if these browser settings are enabled or disabled in your browser:
- Browser add-ons or extensions - Browser add-ons might interfere with site editing. While disabling them isn't always required, we may ask you to disable them when helping you troubleshoot.
Browser window sizes
Your computer's screen size determines the maximum browser window resolution. For the best experience editing your site, use a browser window at least 1280 pixels wide and 768 pixels tall.
For help finding your browser window's size, visit What's My Browser Size?