Browsers you can use to edit and view your Squarespace site.
In this guide, you’ll learn about which browsers work well with Squarespace and the minimum requirements for editing your site.
You can use the following browsers on computers and mobile devices to edit and view your Squarespace site.
- Chrome - PC, Mac, and Linux
- Firefox - PC, Mac, and Linux
- Microsoft Edge - PC and Mac
- Microsoft Edge Legacy - PC only
- Safari - Mac only
Keep in mind:
- On touchscreen devices, editing may work the same way as on mobile browsers, depending on the device type and browser size.
- For Acuity Scheduling, you can use our supported browsers, except for Microsoft Edge Legacy, to view and manage your features and settings. Your clients can schedule appointments using our supported browsers.
Using mobile browsers
When using Squarespace in mobile browsers, keep in mind:
- You can edit many parts of your site on Chrome in Android and Safari in iOS and iPadOS.
- Squarespace sites are optimized for viewing in Chrome and Safari's mobile browsers.
- Use the Squarespace app for areas that don’t yet support mobile editing.
- For Acuity Scheduling, admins and clients can use any mobile browser to manage or schedule appointments. However, we recommend using our Scheduling mobile admin app or client mobile app.
To learn more about using Squarespace on mobile, visit Editing your site on mobile devices.
Here are a few other things to note when using a supported browser:
- Beta versions of browsers aren't supported.
- Using an unsupported browser may prevent you from accessing secure, HTTPS versions of Squarespace sites.
Check and update your browser version
We recommend using the latest browser version available to your operating system. See your browser’s documentation to learn more about checking and updating your version:
Your version of Safari and Microsoft Edge depends on your device's operating system.
Display varies by browser
Minor differences in how your site appears from one browser to another are normal. These differences are often caused by:
- Browsers using slightly different technology to turn underlying computer code into pages displayed on your screen.
- Whether you're logged in or out of your Squarespace account. For example, the clarity of your fonts and appearance of your site's colors may vary. The edges of your images may also look jagged or pixelated. This is caused by how different browsers load and display your site's content.
Important browser settings
To log into and edit your site, check if these browser settings are enabled or disabled in your browser:
- Browser add-ons or extensions - Browser add-ons might interfere with site editing. While disabling them isn't always required, we may ask you to disable them when helping you troubleshoot.
Browser window sizes
Your computer's screen size determines the maximum window resolution of your browser. For the best experience editing your site, use a browser window at least 1280 pixels wide and 768 pixels tall.
For help finding your browser window's size, visit What's My Browser Size?
Keep in mind that editing your site in a very large browser window may affect how your site appears in an average-sized browser window. Content may be cut off, or extra space may appear between blocks when viewing your site in a smaller browser window. To fix this, try editing your site in a browser window set to the dimensions referenced above.
Also note that changing your browser window to uncommon sizes may result in some elements displaying in an unusual way. Because visitors to your site will generally use a standard browser window size, our platform is designed with those standard sizes in mind.