You can use the Announcement Bar to display a custom message above your site. This is a great way to announce a sale, promotion, a change to your hours, or scheduled site maintenance.
The Announcement Bar appears on every page of your site except Cover Pages. It can't be customized or enabled per-page.
Watch a video
Create an Announcement Bar
To add an Announcement Bar:
- In the Home Menu, click Marketing, then click Announcement Bar.
- Select Enable Announcement Bar from the drop-down menu.
- Enter the text for the Announcement Bar in the box. You can make the text bold or italicized and create text links.
- To make the whole Announcement Bar a link, enter a web address in the Clickthrough URL or click to set up different types of links.
- Click Save to publish the Announcement Bar.
- Tap the Settings icon.
- Under Marketing, tap Announcement Bar.
- Tap the Show toggle to turn it on.
- Enter the text for the Announcement Bar in the box. You can style the text and create text links.
- Tap Link to add a clickthrough URL and make your Announcement Bar a link.
- Tap Save to publish your Announcement Bar.
Style the Announcement Bar (computer only)
To customize the appearance of the Announcement Bar, open Site Styles and look for the Announcement Bar style tweaks. You can edit the background color, font, and text color.
Reset visibility (optional)
Browsers track when you close the Announcement Bar (using the X in the top-right corner) so it's not displayed repeatedly.
To make the Announcement Bar reappear in your browser when you're logged in and previewing your site, click Reset Visibility. You'll see this button at the bottom of the Announcement Bar panel after closing the Announcement Bar.
This action only re-shows the Announcement Bar when you're logged into Squarespace. It's useful for testing and editing your site. It doesn't restore the Announcement Bar for your visitors. To make the Announcement Bar reappear to all visitors who closed it, edit the Announcement Bar and save it.