SmugMug is a photo-sharing website and marketplace. This guide explores different ways you can use SmugMug with Squarespace.
Here's what you can do with this integration:
|Social icon||Share button||Push content||Pull content||Other|
Connect your SmugMug account
Before you start using SmugMug with Squarespace, you need to connect your account:
- In the Home Menu, click Settings.
- Click Connected Accounts.
- Click Connect Account.
- Select SmugMug from the Social Accounts menu.
- Log in using your SmugMug username and password.
- Enter your SmugMug Display Name in the SmugMug Nickname field. You can find your Display Name next to your profile photo on the homepage.
- Click Connect to SmugMug to connect your account.
Note: Your SmugMug Display Name is case-sensitive.
Add a social icon
You can add a SmugMug social icon that links to your SmugMug page:
- In Connected Accounts, click your SmugMug account to open SmugMug Settings.
- Ensure Show Social Icon is checked.
- Click Save.
Import SmugMug images
This step will import your SmugMug images into a new Gallery Page on your site. You can import up to 50 images at a time.
Note: This is a one-time import and doesn't continually sync. Any changes made to your album in SmugMug after importing won't appear in the Gallery Page.
- In Connected Accounts, click Import Albums to Squarespace.
- Select the SmugMug album to import. You can import one album at a time.
- Select images from the album to import, and click Finish & Import.
- Your images will import to a new Gallery Page in the Not Linked section.
- Drag and drop these pages to other sections so they appear in your navigation menus.
Sell images on SmugMug (optional)
Each image will automatically have a clickthrough URL to its page on SmugMug. In templates that support clickthrough URLs on Gallery Pages, clicking the image will lead to a page where visitors can purchase the image through SmugMug. This SmugMug feature is separate from the Squarespace Commerce platform.