Social sharing images may display on social networks (like Facebook) when you share a URL from your site. While it's optional, adding social sharing images is a good way to influence how social posts linking to your content look, even if the page you're sharing doesn't include images.
There are two types of social sharing images:
- Social Sharing Logo - Represents your whole site.
- Alternate Social Sharing Image - Represents individual pages. Not currently available for collection items (such as blog posts or individual product items).
To learn how we help social networks surface the right image to display depending on the link you're sharing, visit Which images display in social posts.
Before you begin
Images shared on Facebook must be at least 200px × 200px. However, Facebook changes their preferred image sizes frequently. If your image appears cropped, we recommend experimenting with image sizes for current best practices. For more help, visit Facebook's documentation.
Add a Social Sharing Logo
To add a Social Sharing Logo for your site:
- In the Home Menu, click Design, and then click Logo & Title.
- Scroll down to Social Sharing Logo.
- Drag your image into the image uploader. You can also click Add a social logo to open a file selection menu, then select a file from your computer.
- Click Save.
- At the bottom of the screen, tap Settings, then tap Logo & Title.
- Tap Logo.
- Under Social, tap Add Image.
- Choose an image:
- Tap Take photo to take a new photo with your device's camera.
- Tap Photo library to choose an existing image from your device.
- Tap Insert from... to choose an image from your iCloud library.
- Tap Back to return to Logo & Title settings, then tap Save to publish your changes.
Add an Alternate Social Sharing Image
To add an Alternate Sharing Image for a specific page:
- Open Page Settings.
- Click the Social tab.
- Drag your image into the image uploader. You can also click Upload an Image to open a file selection menu, then select a file from your computer.
- Click Save.