Squarespace Logo is a tool that helps anyone create a logo without hiring a graphic designer. You can use Squarespace Logo to create a logo for your site or business, even if you don’t have a Squarespace account yet.
Note: If you usually log in through a social account, you need to create an app password to use Squarespace Logo.
Watch a video
About the icons
The icon library in Squarespace Logo is from an integration with the Noun Project, a global community of designers. Using our logo-making tool, you’ll create your own image featuring an icon and custom text.
Before you use your new logo outside of a Squarespace site, review the licensing details for your icon. Click the icon author’s link in the bottom-right corner of the logo editor, then find your icon. Learn more in the Noun Project’s documentation.
The Noun Project is a Third Party Service, meaning your use of its icons is subject to their terms. Learn more in our Terms of Service.
How it works
Here’s how it works at a glance:
- Add a company name, optional tagline, and icon.
- Customize it by moving around each part and adjusting fonts, colors, and sizes.
- Experiment until you create a design you love.
- Download your logo files. For the high-resolution option, you can download black, white, and color versions. All versions are .png files with transparent backgrounds.
Pricing and eligibility
Each logo is free for Squarespace customers, or you can purchase a logo as a guest. If you’re on a Squarespace trial, you may want to upgrade to paid service before creating your logo.
- Paid Squarespace accounts - If you have a paid, active Squarespace site, you can download high-resolution logos for free. Note that Squarespace 5 customers aren't eligible.
- Squarespace trial accounts (and anyone else) - If you don't have a paid Squarespace account, you can download low-resolution, watermarked logos for free. High resolution images are $10.
Paid logos may be subject to state and local sales taxes. If your logo is subject to tax, you’ll see it added at checkout. To learn more, visit our guides on taxes in the United States, European Union, or Australia.
Note: If you edit a logo that you previously purchased and don’t currently have a paid Squarespace account, you’ll pay $10 for the new version.
Step 1 - Add a name, tag line, and icon
Add a name
- Enter the text to include in the logo in the Logo Name box. This is typically your name or business name.
- Click the arrow to continue.
Add a tag line and icon (optional)
- Enter a tag line in the box at the top-left corner of the page. This can be a short phrase or subtitle.
- Type any term into the Search field to find an icon that goes with your logo, or scroll to browse. You can add one icon per logo.
Step 2 - Arrange the layout and alignment
Press and hold Shift, then select the logo and tag line to see options for rearranging each part of the logo.
Tip: Click the ? in the top-left corner for keyboard shortcuts.
- Use the Alignment options to change the placement of the logo name and tag line in relation to each other.
- Use the Layout options to change the placement of your name and tag line in relation to the icon.
- Resize any part of the logo by clicking and dragging a corner.
- You can also click and drag any part of the logo to realign it.
- To open the grid settings, hover over the in the top-left corner of the grid.
- Select Guides to reveal guiding lines that help align different elements.
- Select Snap to Grid to automatically align elements to the grid when you move them.
- Choose a Grid Size to set the density of the grid points.
Step 3 - Change the font and color
Click any part of the logo to adjust the fonts and colors.
- Click the icon to change the fill color. You can pick a color from the color selector, or enter a hexadecimal number.
- Click the name or tag line to change the font family, font color, font weight, and font style.
Step 4 - Save and download
Once you've finished designing your logo, click Save Logo at the bottom-left corner, then choose the version you’d like to download.
Click Download Low Res to download a low resolution, watermarked version of your image (400px × 400px).
Click Download High Res to download a high resolution, watermark-free version of your image (up to 5000px x 5000px).
If you're not a Squarespace customer, enter your billing information, and then click Buy for $10.
If you're a Squarespace customer, check I'm an existing Squarespace customer and enter your login information. Then click Download for Free to download the logo.
Choose from Color, White, or Black, or download all three. All versions are .png files with transparent backgrounds.
Tip: Download all three versions to test, then keep background color in mind when choosing the file to use. For example, a white logo might disappear against a very light background. If you're using the logo with your Squarespace site, you can adjust your site's background color.
You can also set the size of your image by clicking Up to 2000px in the bottom-right corner. This sets the width for landscape logos and height for portrait logos.
Note: In Safari, your download might open in a new browser window. To save the file, click and drag the image to the desktop. If you're downloading the white version, it might not appear in the new window, but it will appear after you drag the file to your desktop.
Check your email
You'll receive an email from Squarespace with the subject line "Here’s your new logo!" The email includes a permanent link to return to your logo, edit it, and re-download it any time.
We recommend saving this email in case you need to edit or re-download your logo in the future. From your email link, you can edit your logo’s font and colors, but you can’t change the name, tag line, or icon without creating a new logo.
Use your logo
Add your new logo to your Squarespace site:
- Upload it in your Logo & Title settings to replace your site title.
- Upload it as your site’s favicon.
- Adjust the size and appearance using Style Editor tweaks.
Can I use my logo outside of Squarespace?
All Squarespace Logo icons come from the Noun Project, and each icon has its own usage terms. Before using your logo on social media, we recommend reviewing the icon’s license.
For more information, visit the Noun Project’s documentation.
Can I use the same fonts in Squarespace Logo that I can use in my site?
You may find the same font in Squarespace Logo that you’re using on your site, but Squarespace Logo offers a smaller selection of fonts than a site’s Style Editor.
Why does my logo look grainy and have a Squarespace watermark?
If the image has a watermark, you downloaded the low-resolution version of your logo. For higher image quality and no watermark, download the high-resolution version. If you have a paid Squarespace account, this is free.
I made a logo, but I don’t know where to download it
To download a logo, ensure that you’ve completed the process by clicking Save Logo. This will bring you to the download screen, where you can either log into your Squarespace account to download your free logo, or enter your payment information to purchase it. If you closed Squarespace Logo without downloading a file, you’ll need to start over.
I downloaded my logo, but I can’t find it on my computer
Your logo will download differently depending on your browser settings. Some browsers save the file to your default downloads location, while others will first open it in a new browser tab or window where you can manually save it.
If you don’t see it open in a separate browser tab or window, search your computer for recent downloads.
I didn’t get an email with my logo link
If you can’t find your logo email, first check your junk or spam folder. Next, set up a rule to accept all emails from Squarespace.
For more details and troubleshooting tips, visit Why am I not receiving emails from Squarespace?
I can’t open the logo link from my email
If the email link seems broken, contact us, and we can resend you the link.