When you contact Customer Support, we might ask you to verify information related to your account. The safety of your account is our top priority, and we request this information to help protect your privacy and content. We don’t share certain information about a Squarespace account or site with contributors other than a site Administrator, Site Owner, or Billing contributor.
This guide explains some of the steps we might ask you to take to verify your account ownership.
- We’ll never ask for your login information like your password. If you received an unprompted, suspicious email that looks like it's from Squarespace, visit our guide on phishing.
- When prompted, only share the last four digits of the credit card on file. We'll never request your full credit card number over email or live chat.
Reply to an email
Whenever possible, open a ticket or reply to us using an email address listed as the Site Owner, Administrator, or contributor with Billing permissions. This will help us confirm you have access to your account and help you faster.
Use a verification code
At the start of a live chat, we might ask you to find and share a temporary code in your Account Dashboard. This code verifies that you have access to your site. We'll walk you through these steps when we ask, and you can also follow them here:
- Go to https://account.squarespace.com/ and log in with your account email address and password.
- This brings you to your Account Dashboard.
- You’ll see a unique code in a pop-up message.
- Copy and paste that code into your chat.
Other information we might request
We might ask you to confirm your identity in other ways. We might ask you to provide:
- Information about the most recent charge to your card
- A reply from the Domain Owner contact email
- A picture of your bank statement
- An image of a government-issued ID
You can blur any information on the ID except for the name. We securely delete all images of IDs from our system after reviewing them, and if you send a message with information that could compromise your security, we permanently redact it.