Si deseas agregar varios menús desplegables para un producto (por ejemplo, Tamaño y Color), sigue esta guía para personalizar cada producto con múltiples variantes.
When you create multiple variants, they appear in separate drop-down menus on a product's page. In the product editor, they appear in multiple rows so you can manage pricing and stock levels for each option.
When setting this up, you'll add a new row in the product editor for every possible combination of options.
Note: You can add an unlimited amount of product options to each product. A single product can have up to 100 variant rows.
Mira el video
Antes de comenzar
- To follow this guide, you'll need a product with one Product Option and several variants. For help setting this up, visit Adding products to your store and Adding basic product variants
- The combination selected doesn't currently change the image displayed. For example, if a customer selects a red shirt, size large when the default product image is a blue shirt, the product image won't automatically switch to a red shirt.
- We recommend only using Quantity variants for products with unlimited inventory. If you create a Quantity variant option, stock won't update accordingly.
- Product Option (Options) - Product options appear in columns. These are general categories like size, color, design, or material.
- Variants - Variants appear in rows. These are the available selections for a Product Option. For example, color is a product option. Red, blue, green, and yellow are variants within that product option.
- Combinations - Combinations are sets of available variants. For example, a product with options for size and color might have combinations like Small - Blue, Medium - Blue, Large - Blue, Small - Red, Medium - Red, etc.
Step 1 - Open the product
In the Home Menu, click Pages. Click a Products Page. Double-click a product to open the product editor. For detailed steps, visit Editing a product.
Step 2 - Add product options
In the product editor, click the Pricing & Variants tab.
For this example, we'll add both size and color options to our product. The Size option includes two variants, Small and Medium.
Note: The nature and number of options and variants you add to a product are unique to your store. This guide offers general steps that can be adapted as needed.
Click the + icon to add a new Product Option. Enter a title and click Save Option.
Add variants for the Product Option.
Step 3 - Create variant combinations
Each row of variants is a possible combination. In our example, two combinations are available:
- Small - Red
- Medium - Blue
To make all options available for sale, we'll need to create rows for every combination. For this product, we'll need to create four rows for all possible combinations:
- Small - Red
- Small - Blue
- Medium - Red
- Medium - Blue
Click the + icon to add variant rows to create all possible combinations.
Note: You can click and drag rows to group combinations, but product option columns can't be rearranged.
Here’s a preview of how this product will look in your store. The actual layout depends on your template and design options:
If a customer selects a combination of variants that hasn't been created, they'll see an "Unavailable" message with a warning that the item can't be added.
In the above example, the customer tried to select both "Large" and "Blue." Large and Blue exist as variants, but the Pricing & Variants tab doesn't have a combination for Large and Blue. We'll need to create a new row to make this selection available to customers.
For this reason, we recommend carefully checking the Pricing & Variants tab in the product editor to ensure that all possible options are available.
Note: Variants and combinations can't be hidden when out of stock. For example, it isn't possible to hide Blue when Large is selected.
Set different pricing and stock for variants
Sometimes certain product options are more expensive or available than others. You can set different prices, sale pricing, and stock levels for each variant or combination.
Alternative - Create single-variant combinations
As an alternative to the steps above, you can create variant combinations in one Product Option column. This creates one drop-down menu for your customers. You might want to choose this option to reduce the number of clicks required to shop in your store. However, if you have a lot of product options, you might not want to use this method because it can make the drop-down menu long.
Create a Product Option like Size / Color and then create variants for each combination:
- Small / Red
- Small / Blue
- Medium / Red
- Medium / Blue
- Large / Red
- Large / Blue