Follow these steps to disconnect a third-party domain from your site.
Antes de comenzar
- This guide covers disconnecting domains you purchased elsewhere. To unlink a Squarespace Domain, visit Transferring a domain away from Squarespace.
- Si vas a desconectar tu dominio principal, primero configura un nuevo dominio principal.
- Si no estás seguro de con qué sitio está conectado tu dominio, busca los dominios en tu panel de comando de Cuenta.
- If you have a G Suite account linked to your third-party domain, disconnecting your domain won't cancel G Suite service. To completely cancel G Suite, follow our steps.
- If you're disconnecting a GoDaddy domain that you connected automatically, you'll need to manually disconnect from GoDaddy after following the steps in this guide.
- When you delete an expired site from your account, all third-party domains connected to the site will automatically disconnect.
Paso 1: Desconecta el dominio
- In the Home Menu, click Settings, and then click Domains. You can also press the ? key while any panel is open and search domains.
- Select the third-party domain to disconnect.
- Click Disconnect Domain.
- Haz clic en Sí para confirmar la desconexión.
Paso 2: Edita tus registros DNS
Disconnecting your domain won't change its DNS records. To completely disconnect your domain from a Squarespace site, log into your account with your domain provider and edit your DNS records there.
The steps to edit DNS records are different for each provider and site host. Please contact your domain provider or visit their documentation for help.
Until your domain's DNS records are changed, your domain will point to Squarespace, but visitors will see an error message instead of your site.