Add people to help you manage Scheduling by inviting them as contributors. You control their ability to access and make changes to Scheduling settings and features. This is helpful if you have staff members who need access to manage or schedule appointments, but don’t want them to make substantial changes or export information from Scheduling.
Tip: If you use Acuity Scheduling, the process for adding contributors works differently. Visit the section below for specific steps.
We've merged the Acuity Scheduling Help Center with the Squarespace Help Center. This guide applies to both versions of Scheduling.
All Squarespace contributors can access the Home menu, where they can navigate to their account dashboard and other parts of Squarespace. In Scheduling, they have limited permissions, as explained below.
Scheduling contributors with view only access can review upcoming appointments but can’t add new appointments through the Scheduling panel or change Scheduling settings.
They can only access information, including clients and appointments, related to the calendars you give them access to. View only contributors can access the following panels:
- Calendar - Contributors can access appointments booked on calendars you give them access to. They can click appointments to view appointment details, but can't edit or reschedule appointments. They can view appointment labels, but can’t add or edit them.
- Clients - Contributors can view the client list, but only access clients with at least one appointment on a calendar you’ve given them access to. They can click client names to review appointment history and other information, but can’t edit client information. If you’ve given them permission to export appointments and clients, they can export the clients they can access, but not your other clients. They can't import clients.
- Reports - This is only visible if you’ve given the contributor permission to export appointments and clients. If it’s visible, they can export appointments from calendars they can access, but can’t import appointments or view any other reports.
- Scheduling page link - Contributors can use this section to get direct links to your scheduler and code to embed your scheduler in a website. They won't have access to links, embedding information, or appointment types for calendars that you haven't given them access to, and they can’t customize any of the URLs.
View & edit
As with view only contributors, contributors with view & edit access can only review information connected to the calendars you give them access to. They can't access clients and appointments from calendars they can’t access. They can access these panels:
- Calendar - Contributors can do everything a view only contributor can, plus they can edit, reschedule, and cancel appointments. They can add labels to or remove them from appointments, but they can't create labels or delete them from the system.
- Clients - Contributors can do everything a view only contributor can, plus they can edit client information and ban clients. They can reschedule and cancel appointments from this view. If you’ve given them permission to export appointments and clients, they can both import and export clients.
- Reports - This is only visible if you’ve given the contributor permission to export appointments and clients. If it’s visible, they can export appointments, but can’t import appointments or view any other reports.
- Scheduling page link - Contributors can do everything a contributor with view only access can do, accessing direct links and embedding information for your scheduler. They can't access information or appointment types for calendars they can’t access.
- Availability - Contributors can edit the hours that the calendar is available for appointments. They can also change scheduling limits and calendar settings, including changing which email addresses Scheduling notifies when clients book appointments.
- Integrations - Contributors can connect to a limited suite of apps, including video conferencing and API connections.
- Sync with other calendars - Contributors can connect Scheduling calendars to a third party calendar. They can only connect to the Scheduling calendars you’ve given them access to.
Contributors with administrator access can do almost everything the Scheduling owner can do, including import and export clients and appointments. They have the following limitations:
- They can’t add or remove contributors, or change their access levels.
- They can’t change the Scheduling owner.
- They can’t change Scheduling plans or cancel Scheduling.
Add or remove a Squarespace Scheduling contributor
To invite a new contributor to Scheduling:
- In the Home menu, click Permissions, then click Invite Contributor.
- Enter the contributor’s name and email address, then use the toggle to select Scheduling View Only, Scheduling View & Edit, or Scheduling Administrator. Learn about Scheduling access levels.
- If you picked Scheduling Administrator, click Invite to send an invitation to your contributor. If you picked Scheduling View Only or Scheduling View & Edit, click Next to continue.
- Use the toggle to decide whether the contributor can export appointments and client information from Scheduling, then use the checkboxes to choose which calendars they can access.
- Click Invite to send an invitation to your contributor, inviting them to work on Scheduling with you. They can access Scheduling after they accept the invitation.
To remove a Scheduling contributor:
- In the Home menu, click Permissions, then click the contributor you want to remove.
- Click ..., then click Remove contributor.
- Click Remove to confirm.
Change a Squarespace Scheduling contributor’s access level
You can expand or reduce a contributor’s access to Scheduling after you’ve added them. To change their access:
- In the Home menu, click Permissions, then click the contributor’s name.
- Use the toggles to set their access level.
- If they have Scheduling View Only or Scheduling View & Edit access, click Assign & Manage Calendars to choose which calendars they can access and whether they can export appointments and client information. Click Done after making changes.
- Click Save when you’re done making all changes.
Add staff to your Acuity Scheduling account (Acuity accounts only)
If you have an Acuity account rather than a Squarespace Scheduling account, the process for adding contributors works differently.
To add a new user to your Acuity account:
- Click Manage users, and then New user.
- Enter the new user’s email address and assign them a password.
- Select their access level from the Access level drop-down menu.
- Optional: Check Allow user to export clients and appointments to give the user permission to export appointments.
- If you selected View only or View-and-edit access, use the checkboxes to choose which calendars they can access .
- Click Add user.
- Notify the new user of their username and password. Users won’t be automatically notified when you add them.
After you’ve added users, they can manage their password and username.
Acuity access levels
Users with view only and view & edit access have the same access as Scheduling contributors at those levels.
Acuity users with admin access can do everything the account owner can do, except:
- Delete the main account.
- Edit or delete their user account.
- Change the username or password for the main account.