Empower your clients to set the price they pay for appointments with pay-what-you-want pricing. Clients can decide to pay your minimum price or a higher amount.
Before you begin
- To use pay-what-you-want pricing, you need to have either Stripe or Square as your payment processor. Pay-what-you-want pricing isn’t available if your Scheduling account is connected to PayPal, either on its own or in combination with Square or Stripe.
- It isn’t possible to accept tips and have pay-what-you-want pricing.
Choose pay-what-you-want pricing
To use pay-what-you-want pricing:
- From Home, click Scheduling, then click Payment Settings.
- In the Accept Payments From Clients Using dropdown, make sure Stripe or Square is selected.
- In the When Clients Schedule an Appointment dropdown, select Allow “Pay What You Want” Pricing.
- Click Save Settings.
Set minimum prices
When you enable pay-what-you-want pricing, you can set minimum prices for appointments. If you had prices established before moving to pay-what-you-want pricing, those prices become your minimum prices. To set minimum prices:
- From Home, click Scheduling, then click Appointment Types.
- Click Edit for an appointment type.
- Change the value in the Min Price field to your minimum price.
- Click Update Appointment Type.
- Repeat steps 2-4 until all your appointments are updated.
Tip: If you leave the Min Price field blank, the minimum price will be $0. Clients can still choose to pay more.
How clients pay
Clients book appointments as normal, but when they click Pay Now, the payment panel includes the minimum price, plus a Pay What You Want Additional Amount field. When clients enter an amount in that field, the appointment total is updated.
If the minimum appointment price is $0 and the client hasn’t chosen any add-ons that add cost, instead of clicking Pay Now, clients choose between clicking Add a Pay What You Want amount or Complete Appointment.
Add-ons and coupons
Add-ons and coupons both work with pay-what-you-want pricing. Both are applied to the minimum price that you set, and clients can still opt to add an additional amount to their payment at checkout.