You can sync your Scheduling appointments with your personal or business calendar to keep track of your schedule in one place. To prevent clients from booking appointments when you're busy, you can also block off time in Scheduling for events on your third-party calendar.
Scheduling can sync with these calendar programs:
- Outlook Office 365
- Outlook Exchange
What syncs between calendars
Appointments and classes in Scheduling
- All your Scheduling appointments will sync to your third-party calendar.
- For classes, each class attendee appears on your third-party calendar as individual appointments. For example, a class with eight attendees will show in your other calendar as eight appointments.
Events on your third-party calendar
Events on your third-party calendar appear as blocked-off time in the Appointment Calendar, if block off time is enabled. If you block off time, keep in mind:
- Only events in your hours of availability will sync.
- Some third-party calendars, like Google Calendar, mark events as either "Busy" or "Free." Only events marked as "Busy" will sync into Scheduling.
Only book client appointments in Scheduling
After you sync with a calendar, you should schedule, edit, and manage appointments in Squarespace. Your Appointment Calendar won't recognize changes made in third-party calendars as appointments. Similarly, events synced to Scheduling from a third-party calendar must be edited in the third-party calendar.
Sync with one third-party calendar
Step 1 - Connect the calendar account
To sync with a calendar, first connect to the calendar account:
- In the Home menu, click Scheduling, and then click Sync with Other Calendars.
- In the Sync with Other Calendars panel, click the third-party calendar program you want to sync with.
- Click the Connect to... button to connect your third-party account.
- Follow the prompts to complete the connection.
Step 2 - Sync events and block times
After you connect the account, you can sync events and block times:
- In the Scheduling panel, click Sync with Other Calendars.
- On the left, click the calendar program you connected.
- Find the Scheduling calendar you want to sync.
- Select a third-party calendar from its drop-down menu.
- To block off time in your Appointment Calendar for events on your third-party calendar, check block off time on your Appointment Calendar from....
- If your third-party calendar has multiple calendars, you can block off time in Scheduling from more than one calendar. To set this up, select the other calendars from the drop-down menus under and also block off time from.
- Events will sync to the daily and weekly views of your Appointment Calendar within 30 minutes. In the monthly view, synced events display as blocked off time.
Sync multiple contributors' calendars
If your site has multiple contributors, each contributor can sync the Appointment Calendar with their own third-party calendar. This is a good option if you have multiple staff members who each want to see Scheduling appointments on their personal calendars.
To sync multiple users to a single calendar:
- Add each staff member to the site as a contributor.
- Have each staff member follow the steps for syncing one calendar.
Sync one contributor with multiple third-party calendars
If you use multiple third-party calendars from different providers, you can sync your Appointment Calendar with each of your third party calendars. This can be helpful if you have separate personal and business calendar accounts, plus your Appointment Calendar in Scheduling. You can connect one of each type of supported account per Scheduling user.
For example, you can sync a Scheduling user with one Google account, one iCloud account, one Office 365 account, one Exchange account, and one Outlook.com account. You can't sync a Scheduling user with multiple Google Accounts.
To sync one user to multiple calendars, follow the steps for syncing one calendar and repeat for each type of calendar.
Sync one contributor with multiple calendars from the same third-party account
If you use multiple third-party calendars within the same account — for example, multiple Google Calendars within one Google account — you can sync all of them to one Scheduling user. This can be a good option if you use one third-party account to track employee schedules on different calendars and you want to sync them with your Appointment Calendar.
To connect multiple third-party calendars from the same program to Scheduling:
- Ensure that you've shared your third-party calendars with one central account in the third-party program. For help with this, contact support for your third-party calendar.
- Sync your Scheduling account with the central third-party calendar.
Events aren’t syncing between calendars
Events can take about 30 minutes to sync after connecting, depending on the number of events in each calendar. If it’s been more than an hour, ensure you've connected the correct Scheduling calendar and third-party calendar.
If you've recently changed the password for your third-party account, it'll disconnect from Scheduling.
- In the Scheduling panel, click Sync with Other Calendars.
- On the left, select the type of calendar you’ve connected with Scheduling.
- Follow the prompts to enter your new password and reconnect your account.
Scheduling appointments aren’t appearing on a third-party calendar
If you're not seeing your Scheduling appointments on your third-party calendar, ensure that you're viewing the correct calendar. In some programs, it’s possible to have several calendars accessible from one account. If the calendar you’re syncing with isn’t being displayed by the third-party calendar program, you won’t see the synced events.
If you’re using a calendar app, check if the issue is between Scheduling and your third-party calendar or between your calendar and your app. To test this, visit the third-party calendar in a web browser. If you see your Scheduling appointments, the problem is between your third-party calendar and your app. For help, contact support for your third-party calendar.
Events are appearing twice
If your Scheduling events appear twice on your third-party calendars, you may have synced Scheduling with two calendar accounts that also sync to one another.
For example, you may have an iCloud account that automatically syncs with your Google account. If you sync the iCloud and Google calendars with Scheduling, you'll see duplicate Scheduling appointments on the iCloud and Google calendars.
To prevent this, review the settings for each synced third-party calendar and ensure that they aren't already synced with another one.
Other syncing issues
For other calendar syncing issues, we can help. Contact us with the following information in your message:
- A screenshot of the event that isn’t syncing, including any visible calendar settings
- The date and time of the event that isn't syncing, if it's not visible in the screenshot
- The names of all calendars involved
- If it's a third-party calendar event not appearing in Scheduling, or a Scheduling appointment not appearing on a third-party calendar
- Whether you're viewing your calendar through a mobile app, a computer application (like Calendar on a Mac), or a browser
Create a one-way subscription
A one-way subscription sends your Scheduling appointments to a third-party calendar without receiving any information from that outside calendar. This means you can view your Scheduling appointments in an outside calendar, but any events or appointments made in that calendar won’t automatically block off time in your Scheduling calendar.
Tip: One-way subscriptions send all appointments from all Scheduling calendars to the third-party calendar. You can't use this calendar sync option to send appointments from only one Scheduling calendar.
To set up a one-way subscription:
- In the Home menu, click Scheduling, then click Sync with other calendars.
- Click 1-way subscription.
- To connect to Google, Outlook, or iCal, click Subscribe to Acuity in iCal, Outlook, or other calendar. To connect to Outlook Exchange or Outlook 365, follow the steps listed on the page.
- Check your third-party calendar's listing on the page for any extra steps you'll need to take to periodically refresh your one-way sync.