The new Squarespace version 7.1 has more streamlined options for styling your site and adding content. Version 7.1 is in Early Access.
Tip: To see which platform your site uses, log into your site and click Help in the left panel. For more help, visit What's my site's template and version?
Watch a video
Squarespace 7.1 is a new take on our design system. Version 7.0 and version 7.1 have many features in common. For example, how you view Analytics, change SEO settings, and handle Commerce orders are exactly the same in both platforms. But version 7.1 has new options that focus on flexibility and ease-of-use when you’re building and styling your pages.
Here are some key features unique to version 7.1:
- Page sections - Add pre-built sections to any page to create layouts with text, images, galleries, and more.
- Header and footer layouts - Choose from a variety of customizable layouts for your header and footer.
- Style themes - Use font and color themes to make large-scale style changes to your site, with the flexibility to give individual sections unique styles.
- Versatile template - Templates in version 7.1 support all features and style options, so there's no need to switch templates.
- Banner images - Add banners to any page by creating sections with background images or videos.
- Flexible Portfolios - Create stylized landing pages that encourage visitors to explore your content. Switch layouts at any time.
- Automatic mobile styling - Sites adapt to mobile view automatically without you needing to style mobile-specific options.
Version 7.1 doesn't currently support:
- Importing and exporting - Importing and exporting content and products is only available in version 7.0.
- Template switching - To change your site's design, use pre-built pages, customizable page sections, and style themes.
- Album and Gallery Pages - Instead, add Audio Blocks and gallery sections.
- Developer Mode - The Developer Platform is only available in version 7.0.
To learn more about version 7.1 if you're more familiar with version 7.0, visit Squarespace version 7.1 vs. Squarespace version 7.0.
Version 7.1 is in Early Access
For a limited time, a randomly selected group of new trials will be on version 7.1. This period is called Early Access.
If your site uses version 7.1, you can expect to see changes over the next few months. These changes won't affect your live site, but may affect how you edit and style your site content. For example, a panel name may change, or we may add new options.
How do I start with version 7.1?
To create a new trial (English only) on version 7.1, start from the version 7.1 template store.
Can I switch an existing site to version 7.1?
It's not possible to switch sites between versions.
Can I still use older designs?
If you started a 7.1 site but would prefer to use one of our old designs, visit the version 7.0 template store and start a new trial.
Find information about 7.1 in the Help Center
We're constantly developing new guides and content to support version 7.1 customers on this site. Review the following sections for tips on navigating our Help Center and finding version 7.1 content.
Guides about 7.1
Currently, we have the following guides specific to version 7.1:
- Page sections - Learn how to use the new page section feature to add and organize content.
- Version 7.1 style and design options - Learn about the unique styling options and other features.
During Early Access, you can find version 7.1 guides in their own category in the sidebar navigation to the left. We'll continue to develop more version 7.1 guides during this period.
Guides covering both versions
Many parts of the platform are exactly the same in 7.0 and 7.1, such as Analytics, billing, Commerce, domains, Email Campaigns, G Suite, and SEO features. For help with these topics, guides apply to both versions.
In guides for features that have minor differences in each platform, you'll find tabs with steps and information for either platform. Click Version 7.1 to see the version 7.1 steps.
The tabs look like this:
This is where you'll find version 7.0 content. Click Version 7.1 for information relevant to version 7.1.
This is where you'll find version 7.1 content. Click Version 7.0 for information relevant to version 7.0.
Unsupported features in 7.1
If a feature isn't yet available in version 7.1, you'll see a note about it at the top of a guide.