If your site is unpublished, you can publish it by setting it to Public. This lets visitors access your site using any connected domain and makes your site visible to search engines.
Tip: Use our site launch checklist to ensure your site is ready to publish.
Make your site public
To make your site public:
- Upgrade to paid service, if you haven’t already.
- In the Home Menu, click Settings.
- Click Site Visibility.
- Select Public.
- Click Save.
Congratulations — your site is live!
- Search engines can now index your site, but you can also request a reindex from Google or Bing right after publishing. You can increase your site’s visibility by using Squarespace’s built-in SEO tools.
- If you set up an online store and you’ve connected a payment processor, customers can now place orders.
- Learn how to share your site on social media.
Unpublish your site
If you don’t need your site, or if you want to hide it for awhile, you have a few different options:
- Set your site to Private to hide it from all visitors and search engines.
- Set your site to Password Protected to grant select visitors access with a password.
- To only hide certain pages, visit Controlling who can see your site's pages.
- If you want to hide your site while you’re designing it, set up an Under Construction page.
- If your site is paid you can cancel your subscription.
- If your site is on a trial, cancel or delete it.