Facebook Dynamic Ads help you target customers by promoting products in your inventory relevant to their interests. Facebook Dynamic Ads uses the Facebook Pixel to track visitors’ activity, and based on its insights, automatically shows them personalized ads for your products they're more likely to purchase. In this guide, we'll show you how to upload your products to Facebook Business Manager and get started with Dynamic Ads.
This integration with Facebook Dynamic Ads can help you:
- Automatically promote products to people who’ve expressed interest in your store.
- Show people products tailored to their interests, even if they haven’t visited your site.
- Retarget customers who left your site without making a purchase, reminding them of the product they viewed.
Facebook Dynamic Ads are available in the Commerce Basic and Commerce Advanced plans.
What you'll need
On Facebook, you’ll need a:
On your Squarespace site, you’ll need:
- A Squarespace site selling physical products (digital and service products aren’t supported). Ensure that each product includes an image, name, and description, or it won't import. The image should be a minimum of 500px × 500px.
- A site title, even if your site uses a logo. This will appear as your Brand in Facebook Business Manager.
- A Facebook Pixel.
- To ensure your products follow Facebook’s Commerce policies.
- To remove your site-wide password, if your site has one. Facebook can’t create your product catalog while this is enabled.
Dynamic Ads and other marketing tools
- The product catalog for Facebook Dynamic Ads is separate from tagging products on Instagram. If you’ve set up the integration with Instagram Shopping, still follow all steps in this guide to create another catalog for Facebook. This won’t affect your products on Instagram.
- If you're using the Ad Tracker, you can still create Facebook ads for your products. The Ad Tracker tracks traffic to a specific page of your site from an ad, while this process tracks traffic and sales of specific products from an ad.
Facebook Business Manager falls outside the scope of our support. While this guide walks you though the steps to set up Dynamic Ads in Facebook Business Manager, we’re unable to help further with setup, troubleshooting, or the process of creating an ad account. For help, visit Facebook’s Help Center.
Set up Dynamic Ads
To set up Facebook Dynamic Ads, complete the steps below. Each step links out to the Facebook Help Center where you'll find complete instructions on how to navigate Facebook's Business, Catalog, and Ad Managers:
- Add your Facebook Page to your Facebook Business Manager.
- Create an e-commerce catalog in Facebook Business Manager.
- Import products to your catalog using a data feed with an automatic file upload schedule. You will be prompted to enter a Data feed URL, which you can locate in your Squarespace site by navigating to the Marketing panel, clicking Facebook Pixel & Ads, and copying the Product Feed URL.
- Connect your Facebook Pixel to the new catalog.
- Choose or create an a Facebook ad account.
- Create a new ad campaign using Facebook's Guided Creation and set your ad options and styles.
Note: Squarespace’s data feed URL doesn’t support Item Categories for the Carousel or Collection templates. This won’t affect your ability to create ads. To learn more about formatting options, visit Facebook’s steps for creating a dynamic ad.
After setting up an ad campaign, you can track progress in your Facebook Ads Manager, and visit Traffic Sources to measure success and track conversion within Squarespace.