If you use G Suite with your Squarespace site, you need to add MX records to your domain to send and receive email. In some cases, setting up G Suite adds these records automatically.
If you can't send or receive email, your domain might be missing these MX records. This guide shows how to add them to your domain so your email works.
Add MX records to a Squarespace Domain
If your G Suite account is connected to a Squarespace Domain, MX records should already be in your domain as part of your account setup. Follow these steps to check for these records, and if necessary, add them manually.
Step 1 - Check for MX records
To check for G Suite MX records:
- In the Home Menu, click Settings, and then click Domains.
- Click the Squarespace Domain you use for your G Suite account.
- Click Advanced Settings.
- In your settings, look for five records under G Suite. They should look similar to this:
- If you see these records, you don’t need to re-add them, and you can stop here. If you don’t see these records, add them using the preset in the next step.
Step 2 - Add missing MX records
If the MX records aren't present, add them manually:
- In the Advanced Settings panel, choose G Suite from the Add Presets drop-down menu.
- Click Add. This adds the required records, so you don't need to type them in.
Add MX records to a third-party domain
If your G Suite account is connected to a third-party domain, ensure you added the correct MX records to your domain's DNS settings to complete your account setup. You should get instructions for this step by email after signing up. You can also find provider-specific steps in Google’s documentation.
Wait 72 hours
New MX records may take up to 72 hours to fully resolve and direct email to your address.