When you send visitors to your Gallery Page, it takes them to the first image in the gallery.
To send a visitor to a specific image within a gallery instead, you can send them to a unique URL for that image. This is called the image's deeplink URL. You can use the image's assigned deeplink URL, or customize it with your own text.
Deeplink URLs are supported in most templates.
Before you begin
- Deeplink URLs must be 250 characters or fewer.
- While you're logged into your site, you won't be able to see the deeplink URL in action. Log out or open a private browser window to test the deeplink URL.
- Stacked galleries don't support deeplink URLs. If your Gallery Page switches to stacked on mobile, the deeplinks won't work on mobile.
- Deeplink URLs aren't available on Project Pages, Index Pages, or Gallery Blocks.
Find and customize the deeplink URL
To find your image's deeplink URL:
- Log into your site and go to your Gallery Page.
- Hover over an image in the Gallery panel and click the to open the Image Editor.
- Click the Options tab. The assigned deeplink URL is in the Image URL field.
You can customize deeplink URLs to make them shorter and easier to remember:
- Replace everything that comes after your gallery name and its backslash in the Image URL field.
- Click Save to publish your changes.
Share the link
The link you'll share to take visitors to your image should include your site URL followed by the Gallery Page slug and deeplink slug. How this looks depends on whether you have a custom URL and whether you customized the deeplink.
Here's how we recommend finding the shareable link:
- Go to your site while logged out, or in incognito mode.
- Open your Gallery Page.
- Use the Gallery Page's navigation to go to the image you want to share.
- Copy the URL from the browser.
Tip: To add a link to your site that directs visitors to a specific image within a gallery, paste the image's deeplink URL into the External tab of the link editor. To learn more about configuring links, visit Adding links to your site.
Gallery Pages support deeplink URLs in these template families:
- Adirondack - Slideshow display only
- Avenue - Slideshow display only
- Momentum - Slideshow display only
These template families don't support deeplink URLs: