Flatiron's Blog Page displays as a list of vertically-stacked posts. Clicking a post title opens the full post at its own URL.
Note: To set up your Blog Page and posts, visit Adding a Blog Page.
On the blog landing page:
- The date, author name, shares, and likes display to the left of each post. The share and Like button color is customizable.
- Hide the author name by unchecking the Show Author tweak in the Style Editor.
- Categories, tags, and the source URL display below the post content.
- Thumbnail images don't display.
- To adjust the space between posts, use the Blog Post Spacing tweak.
- Check Blog Borders to add border lines above the blog date and content. The border also displays around the Newer/Older pagination labels on individual blog posts. Use the Border Color tweak to adjust the color.
On individual blog posts, the layout is the same, but navigation for newer and older posts displays above the comments.
Here's an example post on the blog landing page:
Excerpts display with a Read More link.
Promoted Image, Gallery, or Video Blocks display in the excerpt in Flatiron. To promote a block, make it the first block in a blog post, above all other content.
On mobile devices and narrow browsers, content stacks vertically.
- Blog Pages in Flatiron have customizable Share and like links.
- You can add Blog Pages to an Index thumbnail grid.
- For general information about styling your site, visit Structure and style.