Marquee, Adversary, Alex, Eamon, Ginger, Mint, and Shift share the same underlying structure and functionality. This guide applies to all these templates.
The Blog Page for Marquee, Adversary, Alex, Eamon, Ginger, Mint, and Shift displays as a list of vertically-stacked posts. Clicking a post title opens the full post at its own URL.
Note: The Marquee family is discontinued. Although we still support these templates, fixing bugs or issues is a lower priority for us while we focus on our current templates. For a more modern template, we recommend switching to Brine.
Note: To set up your Blog Page and posts, visit Adding a Blog Page.
Landing page layout
On the blog landing page:
- The page banner displays at the top of the page, with an optional text overlay.
- Author names don't display.
Use the Blog Layout tweak to adjust the overall style of your Blog landing page.
Blog Layout: Columns
- Thumbnail images, Comment, Like, and Share buttons, and a View Post link display between border lines above each post.
- The post title and date display to the left of the post content.
Blog Layout: Simple
- All content stacks vertically.
- The date displays above the post content.
- Comment, Like, and Share buttons display below the post content.
- Thumbnail images and View Post links are hidden.
- Use the Blog Width tweak to adjust the width (narrow, full).
Individual post layout
The Blog Layout tweak doesn't affect individual blog posts.
- Use the Hide Author tweak to hide or display author names.
- The blog post’s thumbnail creates a parallax-scrolling banner. The title, date, and author display over the banner.
- Tags, categories, and navigation for previous and next posts display below the comments.
Set an excerpt for a post to display teaser content.
- Excerpts don’t display a Read More link.
- If your layout is set to Blog Layout: Columns, the thumbnail and a View More link display.
On mobile devices and narrow browsers, content stacks vertically.
Note: For general information about styling your site, visit Structure and style.
Create a calendar or list of events with the Events Page.