The Squarespace Blog App gives you the tools you need to write, edit, and manage blog posts on the go. The app is available for Android and iOS devices.
Note: The Blog App has been discontinued and can no longer be installed or updated. If you've already installed the Blog App, you can keep using it until July 1, 2019. As an alternative, you can post to your blog from an iOS device using the Squarespace App.
Using the Blog App
The app is for Squarespace customers who already have at least one active Blog Page. To create a new Blog Page, start with our overview, Blogging with Squarespace.
Use the app to:
- Create new blog posts
- Edit and manage existing blog posts
- Manage comments
- Share posts on social networks
You can’t use the app to:
- Edit the Blog Page’s design
- Duplicate blog posts
- Edit your full site
- Manage other pages on your site
- Make style changes
- Start new websites
- Create new Blog Pages
Before you begin
- The Blog App must connect to a Blog Page on a Squarespace 7 site. Squarespace 5 isn't supported.
- Site Owners, Administrators, and Content Editors can use the app. For more information on contributor permissions, visit Squarespace permissions explained.
- You’ll need an internet connection to save a post, even as a draft. If you try to save a post offline, a failure message will display.
- The Blog App is only for creating, editing, and managing blog posts. To change the design, manage galleries, or change site settings, visit your site on a desktop.
Supported operating systems
- The Blog App for iOS requires iOS 10.0 or later. The app works with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch, and is optimized for iPhone 5, iPhone 6, and iPhone 6 Plus.
- The Blog App for Android requires 4.4 (KitKat) or later.
- Download the app for iOS or Android.
- Open the app and follow the prompts to log into your account or start a new one. For help logging in, visit I can't log in.
- If you have two-factor authentication enabled for your account, you'll be prompted to enter your six-digit authentication code after logging in. To learn more, visit Protect your account with two-factor authentication.
- From the menu, choose the Blog Page you’d like to post to.
- Tap an existing post to Edit or Share it, or tap the + to add a new post.
- If you have questions about using the app, tap your main menu, then tap Need Help? to open the Help Center. Tap Help to browse guides, or tap Contact Us to open a ticket.
Note: Posts with multiple columns aren't supported for editing in the app.