Some users have a Squarespace 7 site with a billing account that's linked to a Squarespace 5 site. This guide explains the options and restrictions for these linked sites.
Note: It is no longer possible to link a Squarespace 7 site's billing to a Squarespace 5 site.
Do I have a linked site?
You may have a linked site if you meet all of these points:
- You were a Squarespace 5 customer in 2012.
- You received a free Squarespace 6 site as part of our new platform launch.
- Your Squarespace 6 site converted to Squarespace 7 in 2014.
To check if your site is linked:
- Log into your Squarespace 7 site.
- In the Home Menu, click Settings.
- Click Billing & Account.
- Click Billing.
- At the top of the Billing panel, you'll see a message that says: "This site is included with your Squarespace 5 membership."
Linked sites don't support official integrations that require a credit card on file. For example:
- Getty Images
- G Suite by Google
To add more domains, purchase a domain from a third-party provider and connect it to your site.
For linked sites, you have access to the two Squarespace 5 billing plans:
- Standard - This sets your Squarespace 7 site to the legacy Personal plan.
- Unlimited - This sets your Squarespace 7 site to the legacy Professional plan.
On a linked site:
- You can sell a maximum of 25 products. (On unlinked Squarespace 7 websites, you can sell unlimited products.)
- The Commerce App isn't supported.
Linked sites aren't supported for the Portfolio App.
Get more access
To get access to all Squarespace 7 features, unlink your site from Squarespace 5.
- Unlinking a site is permanent and can't be reversed.
- After unlinking your Squarespace 7 site, you may want to cancel Squarespace 5 service to avoid paying for two sites simultaneously.
My linked site expired
If your Squarespace 5 billing plan expires:
- Your Squarespace 7 site reverts to a 14-day trial.
- Once you reactivate your Squarespace 5 site, your Squarespace 7 site will reactivate automatically. This process usually takes 24 hours.
- If you need more time while you reactivate your Squarespace 5 site, you can extend your Squarespace 7 site's trial period.
- If you're not planning to reactivate your Squarespace 5 site, you can upgrade your Squarespace 7 site to paid service.