ChowNow is an ordering platform that allows visitors to place food orders directly from your site. This guide explores different ways you can use ChowNow with Squarespace.
Here's what you can do with this integration:
|Social icon||Share button||Push content||Pull content||Other|
This is a Premium feature available in the current Website Business plan and higher:
- Available in: Business and Commerce plans
- Available in: Personal plan for websites active before December 1, 2017
- Not available in: Personal plan for websites active after December 1, 2017
- Trial: You can use the ChowNow integration during a trial.
To learn more, visit Premium features.
Before you begin
To connect your account, you'll need a Company ID from ChowNow. Your Company ID is a sequence of up to four numbers.
To find your ChowNow Company ID:
- Go to admin.chownow.com and log into your ChowNow Dashboard.
- In your browser address bar, you'll see a URL with a unique sequence of up to four numbers at the end, like this:
- This sequence of numbers is your ChowNow Company ID. Copy these numbers.
Tip: For help, contact ChowNow Support at 888-707-2469 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Connect your ChowNow account
Before you start using ChowNow with Squarespace, you need to connect your account:
- In the Home Menu, click Settings.
- Click Connected Accounts.
- Click Connect Account.
- Select ChowNow from the Social Accounts menu.
- Paste or enter the ChowNow Company ID you found in Step 1.
- Click Connect to ChowNow.
Add a social icon
You can also add a ChowNow social icon that directs visitors to your external ChowNow page:
- In Connected Accounts, click your ChowNow account to open ChowNow Settings.
- Ensure Show Social Icon is checked.
- Click Save.
Note: After connecting ChowNow to Squarespace in this step, the social icon will automatically display in most, but not all, templates. You can also add social icons using the Social Links Block. Learn how these icons display in your template in our template guides.
Add a ChowNow navigation link
With your ChowNow account connected, you can add a ChowNow Page from the New Page menu.
- In the Home Menu, click Pages.
- Click the + icon to add a page.
- Select ChowNow from the New Page menu.
- If you need more help, visit Adding pages to your navigation.
This adds an embedded ChowNow ordering page to your navigation. When clicked, a collapsable ordering page appears, allowing visitors to place orders through ChowNow without leaving your site.
Can I connect other food ordering services?
ChowNow is the only supported embedded ordering page. To redirect visitors to another food ordering service, you can add a link to your navigation.
What features does ChowNow offer?
Why is the ChowNow ordering page opening in a new window?
If you choose the Insecure SSL setting for your site, the ChowNow ordering page opens in a new window. To let visitors access the ordering page without leaving your site, use the Secure SSL setting.