While every site includes the same features for adding products and managing orders, Products Page design, limits, and special features vary. Your site's Products Page type falls into one of four categories, depending on your site's version:
- Version 7.1 - Store Pages
- Version 7.0 - Products Pages (Classic, Advanced, or Unique)
To style your store, visit Styling Products Pages.
All Squarespace stores:
- Are browsable
- Link to individual product details pages with customizable URLs
- Have a separate inventory management dashboard
- Allow up to 100 variants per product
- Offer one or more hover effects
Category management and product limits depend on your site's version.
Store Pages vs. Products Pages
Store Pages in version 7.1 are designed to hold all your products in one place. With flexible category management, you can create an unlimited number of filtered pages that display products based on category. Add subcategories to create drop-down menus in your Store Page’s category navigation.
Store Pages in version 7.1 have:
- A 10,000 product limit
- The ability to create product subcategories that create drop-down menus in the category navigation
- An unlimited number of filtered pages displaying products based on category
Version 7.1 doesn’t currently support category discounts, but this option is currently in development.
Products Pages in version 7.0 have:
- A 200 product limit
- A category navigation without drop-down menus
This table shows the special features available on Store Pages (version 7.1) and the different Products Pages (version 7.0). All Store Pages support the same features.
|Quick View||Image Zoom||Share Buttons||Hover Effects||Waitlists|
|Store (7.1)||✓||✓||X||Alternate image||✓|
|Advanced (7.0)||✓||✓||Advanced||Alternate image, fade, product details||✓|
|Classic (7.0)||X||X||Links||Product details||X|
|Galapagos (7.0)||✓||✓||Links||Product details, fade on hover||X|
|Supply (7.0)||X||X||Links||Alternate image||X|
Galapagos and Supply also have:
- Galapagos - Three Products Page layouts and color overlay options. Learn more.
- Supply - Customizable Products Page background color and layout options. Learn more.
Version 7.0 Products Page types by template
Version 7.0 sites support a Classic, Advanced, or Unique Products Page, depending on your template. Here are the Products Page types available in these template families:
- Adirondack - Classic
- Avenue - Classic
- Aviator - Classic
- Bedford - Classic
- Brine - Advanced
- Farro - Advanced
- Five - Classic
- Flatiron - Classic
- Forte - Classic
- Galapagos - Unique
- Ishimoto - Classic
- Momentum - Classic
- Montauk - Classic
- Native - Classic
- Pacific - Classic
- Skye - Advanced
- Supply - Unique
- Tremont - Advanced
- Wells - Classic
- Wexley - Classic
- York - Advanced
Tip: Your template may support more options that affect the look of a Products Page, like per-page headers or banner images.