In Squarespace Analytics, you can apply filters to narrow down site statistics by date, time, device, or product. Using these filters is a great way to see trends over different time ranges and understand visitor behavior by device.
Filters vary by panels. Some filters appear as drop-down menus at the top, while others appear as tabs. If a panel offers multiple filters, you can use these in combination.
Before you begin
- Analytics varies by plan. Learn which plan you’re on, and then see which panels are available in your plan.
- Activity Log shows the past seven days.
In Commerce Analytics, you can filter by device to analyze browsing and shopping trends on mobile vs. desktop. Filters include Mobile, Tablet, Desktop, and Unknown.
To explore mobile trends in other Analytics panels, use the Mobile Usage panel.
You can filter by time to explore data based on different time intervals. The options vary by panel.
Hourly / Daily / Weekly / Monthly
In panels with Hourly, Daily, Weekly, and Monthly tabs, you can see trends for different time views. You'll also see average data for that time interval.
Panels with this filter can show data for the past year (the previous 12 months).
- For Hourly, you'll see 24 data points, one for each hour starting in the current hour.
- Clicking Weekly changes the view to 13 data points, one for each week starting with the current week. The week starts on Sunday and ends on Saturday.
- Clicking Monthly changes the view to 12 data points, one for each month of the past year starting with the current month.
1 Day / 2 Days / 3 Days / Week / Month
These filters show cumulative data for up to the past month. You can display data for the previous 1 Day, 2 Days, 3 Days, Week, and Month.
Panels with this filter show results from up to the past month.
For example, in Popular Content:
- Clicking 1 Day shows the most popular pages and their views from the past 24 hours.
- Clicking Month shows popular content from the last month.
Today to Last Year
In some panels, you can view cumulative data in many time frames up to the beginning of last year.
- Clicking Today shows data from the past day.
- Clicking Last Week shows all data from last week.
- Clicking Year to Date shows all data from the year to date starting this January.
- Clicking Last Year shows all data from the previous year, from January 1 to December 31.
- Other filters, like Yesterday, Week To Date, Month to Date, and Last Month, show other useful views of your business's performance in a specific date range.
Note: Sales Overview includes similar filters: By Hour, Day, Week, and Month. Selecting Month shows data by month for the past 12 months.
Custom date range
In certain panels, you can see data in a custom date range using a calendar, going back to January 1, 2015. This is a great way to explore trends over specific dates meaningful to your business.
Note: When viewing the graphs in these panels, click by day, by week, by month, or by year to change the time scale. Time scale options depend on the number of available data points.
Commerce-focused panels allow you to filter results for a specific product. For example, in Abandoned Checkout, you can use this filter to see abandonment and recovery rates for a specific product you sell.
Use Google Analytics for more filters
For more advanced filtering, we recommend our integration with Google Analytics as a supplement to our built-in tools.