This guide explains questions and issues that may come up when using the Wexley template.
Tip: For general help, see the Wexley template guide.
Gallery Page images not loading
This error is caused by outdated code in the Developer Platform version of Wexley. While we released a patch to the Wexley template code that fixes Gallery Page errors, sites on the Developer Platform don’t receive template-specific updates.
To receive the update necessary to fix your Gallery images, disable Developer Mode on your site. Proceed with caution, however, as moving off our Developer Platform will affect your live site significantly; learn more in the Squarespace Developer Platform FAQ.
Alternatively, leave Developer Mode on and work with your developers to patch the issues with your own custom code. While we can't help you troubleshoot or provide specific directions for custom code modifications, we offer other resources that can point you in the right direction:
- Get advice from the community in the Squarespace Forum.
- Hire a Squarespace Expert to help build or review your custom code.
Padding between gallery grid images is uneven
This sometimes happens when the padding between images is very small, usually less than 5 pixels.
To fix this, open Site Styles while you're viewing the Gallery Page, then try these troubleshooting options to see what works for your site:
- Scroll down to Gallery Styles and increase the Index Item Padding to 5px or more.
- Alternatively, you can reduce the padding to 0px to remove the space between images altogether.
- If you don't like the look of either of those, in the Gallery Styles section, uncheck Index Fullwidth. You can then use the Index Item Size to adjust the size of the images in your gallery.
You may need to save and refresh to see these changes.