Wexley's Blog Page displays as a list of vertically-stacked posts. Clicking a post title opens the full post at its own URL.
Note: To set up your Blog Page and posts, visit Blogging with Squarespace.
On the blog landing page:
- The author name and date display above the post content.
- The source URL, categories, tags, and the comment, Share, and like buttons display below the post content.
- To hide the post author for all posts, check Hide Entry Author.
- To adjust the space between posts, use the Blog Post Spacing tweak.
- Adjust the color of the date and other metadata with the Blog Meta Data tweak.
- Adjust the color of the share button with the Share Button Color tweak.
- Promoted Blocks display above the post title.
- You can disable simple likes to remove the heart icon.
On individual blog posts, the layout is the same, but navigation for previous and next posts displays above the comments.
Here's an example post on the blog landing page:
For both full posts and excerpts, Promoted Image, Gallery, and Video Blocks display above the post title. To promote a block, make it the first block in a blog post, above all other content.
A sidebar displays on Wexley blog pages and blog posts. If your site has multiple Blog Pages, the same sidebar content displays on all of them.
- Use the Blog Sidebar tweak to display the sidebar on the Left or Right, or to Hide it altogether.
- Use the Blog Sidebar Width and Blog Sidebar Padding tweaks to adjust the size and spacing of the sidebar.
The sidebar contains some placeholder content blocks. Hover over the sidebar and click Edit to customize any of these with your own content, or replace them with other blocks.
The Blog Page supports a page header. This displays on the blog landing page and above all blog posts within the Blog Page collection.
On mobile devices and narrow browsers, content stacks vertically.
Note: For general information about styling your site, visit Structure and style.