This guide explains questions and issues that may come up when using templates in the York family (Artesia, Flores, Harris, Jasper, Jones, Lange, Shibori, Taylor, and York).
Tip: For general help, see the York template guide.
Banner text background highlight color has gaps
This can happen when your title or description is very short, and you've set a large custom highlight indent.
- Reduce the Custom Highlight Indent tweak.
- Use the Text Highlight Indent tweak to choose either the Small, Medium, or Large preset options.
"Page Description" text displays
This placeholder text appears on Layout, Project, and Products Pages while you're logged into your site. Visitors to your site won't see this text.
Project Page disappeared after switching templates
If you switch to a template outside of the York family, Project Pages convert to Gallery Pages.
After switching back to a York template, you can recreate your original format by moving the images from a Gallery Page to a new Project Page:
- In the Home Menu, click Pages, then add a new Project Page.
- In the Pages panel, click the Gallery Page with the images you want to move.
- Click the items you want to move.
- Click Move in the action bar that appears below.
- In the Select Destination Collection window, select the Projects Page and click Move Items.
Random text appears when sharing on social media
Squarespace can’t control exactly what appears on social media when you share content. However, sometimes text from a page header or footer displays, even if it’s hidden on your site. To fix this, delete content from headers and footers when they’re hidden.
To delete header or footer content:
- In the Pages panel, and open the page with hidden header or footer content.
- Open Site Styles, then unhide the Page Header or Page Footer in the Page section of Site Styles.
- Click Save.
- Return to the header or footer and click Edit.
- Delete the content.
- Return to Site Styles and uncheck Show Page Header or Show Page Footer.
Text breaks through the banner
If your text isn’t displaying correctly on mobile, enable scaling fonts and experiment with reducing the font minimums.
Note that long words won’t wrap when they reach the edge of a container. For best results, use shorter words in your titles and headings.
Trouble adding content to a page header
If you’re not seeing the Collection Header Content annotation in the page header:
- Open Site Styles.
- In the Page section, check Show Page Header.
- Click Save and exit Site Styles.
- Refresh the page.
The annotation should now appear on the page.
Videos don't display on Project Pages
Every video on a Project Page must have a thumbnail image. Videos without thumbnail images display in the Pages panel with a diagonal line. To add a thumbnail image:
- From the Home Menu, click Pages.
- Click the Project Page.
- Hover over the video and click the .
- To add a thumbnail image manually, click Add video thumbnail. Alternatively, choose an automatic thumbnail from your video's hosting provider with Restore video provider's thumbnail.
- Click Save.