The Mobile Usage panel in Analytics shows how frequently visitors are visiting your site on mobile. It also compares this to visitors using desktop browsers and includes a breakdown of traffic by operating system (OS). This panel can be useful for identifying issues isolated to specific browser versions. As mobile web browsing increases, it’s common to see an uptick in mobile traffic over time.
This panel is available in the Cover Page and Website plans. For an overview of mobile browsing and shopping in the Commerce plans, use the Device filters in Commerce Overview.
Tip: Since your Squarespace template includes responsive design, your site has built-in capabilities that ensure a great experience from any device and screen size. Visit our guide for more tips on keeping your site mobile-friendly.
Review the Mobile Usage panel
Open Mobile Usage
- In the Home Menu, click Analytics, and then click Mobile Usage.
- Click the tabs at the top of the panel to filter results by Hourly, Daily, Weekly, and Monthly.
Graphs and tables
You may need to scroll down to see all of the data.
- The top graph shows mobile viewing trends over time based on the percentage (%) of visitors who visit your site on a mobile device. Hover over any point in the graph to see specific data for that time.
- The table below the graph shows a comparison between desktop visitors and mobile visitors by the time filter. The large numbers at the top represent totals (by percent of all visitors and number of visitors). Every row has a bar to help you visualize the ratio between desktop and mobile browsing.
- The Desktop OS section shows a breakdown by percentage of which desktop operating systems visitors are using to view your site. The small number next to the percentage of each OS represents the total visits attributed to that OS.
- The Mobile OS section shows a breakdown by percentage of mobile OS, iPhone vs. Android. The small number next to the percentage of each mobile OS represents the total visits attributed to that OS.