After signing up for G Suite by Google, you may see a request from Google to verify your domain ownership. This means that Google couldn’t verify your domain automatically during your initial account setup. You’ll see this message when you first log into G Suite or when you visit your Squarespace site’s Email panel.
After fixing any issues that might be blocking your domain, you can resend a verification request directly from your site’s Email panel to complete G Suite setup and access your email.
Step 1 - Unblock your domain
Follow these troubleshooting steps to fix issues that may be blocking Google from verifying your domain:
- Remove the password from your homepage. You can re-add this later.
- Remove your site-wide password. You can re-add this later.
- Enable your homepage.
- Ensure that your homepage isn't a demo page.
- If you're using a third-party domain for your email address, ensure that it's properly connected. If you connected it recently, you may need to try again in 72 hours. (Why?)
- Change your primary domain to the domain you selected for your G Suite email address.
Step 2 - Verify your domain
- In the Home Menu, click Settings, and then click Email.
- Under the "Google couldn’t verify your domain" message, click Try Again.
- Refresh your browser.
Once this message disappears from the Email panel, you should be able to access your G Suite account.
If retrying fails
If the Try Again message appears multiple times in your Email panel and you're still having trouble verifying your domain, use the following steps:
- Open a private or incognito tab and log into your G Suite admin console.
- Click Start Setup. If you see a “Domain is verified successfully” message, you don't need to follow the rest of these steps.
- Click Verify Domain.
- From the Select domain provider drop-down, choose Other and click Begin Verification.
- Choose Other from the next drop-down and copy the TXT record that appears in the box below. Ensure that you copy your unique meta tag and not the example shown in the screenshot.
- In another tab, log into your Squarespace site. From the Home Menu, click Settings, then click Domains.
- Click your domain name, then click Advanced Settings.
- Click the Add Presets drop-down and select G Suite verification.
- Paste your TXT record in the box that appears to the right.
- Click Add.
- Return to your G Suite console and click Verify.
Tip: To learn more about presets and making advanced DNS edits, visit Advanced DNS settings.