This guide is a reference for all Site Styles tweaks in the Galapagos template. To learn how to use Site Styles, visit Making style changes.
Note: The Squarespace platform is constantly evolving to give you the best possible tools for building your website. We update these guides frequently, but if the platform has recently changed you may see slightly different options than the ones listed below. The best way to learn the functionality of any tweak is to experiment with it and see what changes on your site.
Adjust the width, padding, fonts, and colors for your site.
- Site Width
- Page Width - Adjusts the width of all content on Regular Pages.
- Site Padding
- Background Color - Adjusts the background color of your site. Also adjusts product item pagination labels and mobile navigation.
- Body Text Color
- Body Font
- Custom Headings - Once checked, the Heading 1, Heading 2, and Heading 3 tweaks appear below.
- Heading Text Color
- Heading Font
- Heading 1 Color
- Heading 1 Font
- Heading 2 Color
- Heading 2 Font
- Heading 3 Color
- Heading 3 Font
- Link Color
- Tint Page Background - Adds a darker color to the main content area of your site, based on the background color.
Adjust the style of your Main Navigation. To learn more, visit Galapagos structure and style.
- Nav Style: Simple, Box, Line, Tag, Full Background, Top Border
- Nav Accent Color - Appears when the Tag or Full Background style is selected.
- Nav Link Color
- Nav Link Font
- Hide Folder Indicators - Hide the + symbol next to drop-down menus.
Adjust the site title , tag line, and header spacing.
- Header Spacing
- Site Title Color
- Site Title Font
- Site Logo Width
- Site Tagline Color
- Site Tagline Font
- Site Tagline Spacing
The site title or logo (“branding”) can display differently in mobile view. To learn more, visit Galapagos mobile styles.
- Nav Branding: Show Site Title, Upload Mobile Nav Logo - This tweak only appears when you’ve added a logo in desktop view.
- Nav Height - Adjust the height of the mobile logo.
- Nav Logo - Click to upload a mobile-specific logo. Appears when Nav Branding: Upload Mobile Nav Logo is selected.
- Nav Site Title Color - Set a unique color for the mobile site title.
- Nav Site Title Font - Set a unique font for the mobile site title.
These tweaks appear when you’re on a Products Page. To learn more about these options, visit Galapagos Products Pages.
- Product Grid Style: Organic, Fit, Featured
- Product Size
- Product Spacing
- Product Info Style: Simple, Tag, Corner, Box, Overlay
- Product Info: Price, Title on Hover; Title, Price on Hover; Title and Price; Price; Title; Price on Hover; Title on Hover; None
- Product Overlay Color - Create a filter effect with an overlay color.
- Product Accent Color
- Product Info Font
- Product Sale Marker Color - Adjusts the “Sale” and “Sold Out” flags.
- Show Alt Image On Hover - Not available when Product Info Style: Overlay is selected.
These tweaks appear when you’re on an product item. Changes affect all product items. To learn more, visit Galapagos Products Pages.
- Details Width
- Title + Price Color
- Title + Price Font
- Enable Image Zoom
- Image Zoom Factor
- Hide Product Share Button
Products: Quick View Button
- Style: Bar, Floating, Docked
- Position: Top, Center, Bottom
- Inset Size
Product: Quick View Lightbox
- Overlay Color
- Background Color
- Excerpt Display: Truncate, Hide
- Controls: Show Arrows
- Controls: Show Close Button
- Controls Color
- Controls Weight: Hairline, Light, Medium, Heavy
- Controls Size
These tweaks appear when you’re on a Blog Page. To learn more, visit Blogging with Squarespace.
- Post Title Color
- Post Title Font
- Enable Block Sidebar
- Hide Author
- Use the Gallery Design tweak to set the layout.
Gallery Design: Grid
- Aspect Ratio - Controls the aspect ratio (width:height) for the gallery active slide.
- Grid Spacing - Increase the padding between individual images in your grid.
- Min Column Width - Set the width of columns in your grid.
- Lightbox Style: Dark, Light
Gallery Design: Slideshow
- Gallery Navigation: Thumbnails, Bullets, Numbers, Circles, Simple, None - The type of navigation provided on the page.
- Gallery Info Overlay: Always Show, Show on Hover, Hide - For image titles and captions
- Gallery Aspect Ratio - Controls the aspect ratio (width:height) for the gallery active slide. Use with the Gallery Auto Crop tweak.
- Gallery Arrow Style: Round Corners, Rectangular, Circular, No Background - Style the arrows used to cycle through the slides.
- Gallery Transitions: Fade, Scroll
- Gallery Show Arrows - Uncheck to hide arrows on your gallery display.
- Gallery Auto Crop - Auto-crops images to the aspect ratio set with the Gallery Aspect Ratio tweak.
- Gallery Autoplay - Cycle gallery images automatically without user interaction.
- Gallery Loop - Enable a gallery to cycle through to the first slide after the last slide.
- Gallery Autoplay Speed (sec)
- Gallery Thumbnail Size - Set the height of gallery navigation thumbnail images.
- Gallery Arrow Background
- Gallery Arrow Color
- Gallery Circle Color
- Gallery Info Background - The color used as the background for the image titles and captions.
- Disable Item Pages - Disable the title link for individual events. When unchecked, clicking an event's title opens the individual event page.
- Show past Events
- Show Thumbnails - Show the thumbnail image for each event on the Event Page to the left of the event.
- Thumbnail Size
- Show Date Tag - The date tag highlights event dates. It displays to the left of each event in on the Event Page.
- Show Date Tag w/ Time
- Show Categories
- Show Date
- Show Time
- Show Location
- Show Export Links - Export links allow visitors to export event details to Google Calendar or iCal.
- Show Social Buttons
- Show Excerpt - Excerpts display a brief description of an event in the Events Page List view
- Show Button
- Show Back Link - Shows the 'Back To All Events’ link on individual event pages.
- 24-Hour Time
- Stacked View - Display your events as a stacked list with thumbnails appearing above the event at full-width.
These tweaks appear when you’re on an Album Page.
- Album Text Color
- Hide Album Share Link
Cover Pages are styled independently of a site’s template. Visit Styling a Cover Page to learn more.
Tweaks for certain blocks also display in Site Styles. To learn more about available style changes, visit What are blocks? to find help content for your specific block.
Note: The Newsletter Block has special options in Galapagos. Select Style: Custom to customize the Heading Color and Text Color.