For some issues with our mobile apps, we may request that you send us a crash log from your device. This helps us identify what caused the problem. You can get a crash report from any app after syncing your device to a computer.
Before you begin, visit the app’s guide to ensure that you’re using a compatible device and operating system.
Note: If your Android device crashed when using a Squarespace mobile app, contact us so we can troubleshoot your issue. We don't have documentation on Android crash logs at this time.
Get a crash log from a Mac
- Connect the device to your computer and sync.
- Open Finder.
- In the Go menu (top of the screen), select Go to Folder...
- In the blank field that appears, type or paste the following:
- Press Enter or click Go.
- Find your device name on the left side, under iTunes > Devices, and open the device’s folder.
- Look for files with the name of the app you're troubleshooting. Right-click each file to copy the folder and paste to your desktop.
- Attach the files to an email reply (recommended), or open a new ticket.
Get a crash log from a PC
- Sync the iOS device with iTunes, then look for your device depending on your operating system:
- Windows XP: Apple computer > Logs > CrashReporter > Mobile Device > Your device name. You’ll see your device name on the left side, under iTunes > Devices
- Windows Vista & Windows 7: Roaming > Apple computer > Logs > CrashReporter > Mobile Device > Your device name. You’ll see your device on the left side, under iTunes > Devices