With Product Image Zoom, customers can enlarge product images for a closer look at material, texture, and finer details. You can set the zoom to activate on hover or when the image is clicked.
Product Image Zoom is available on:
- Product Item Pages
- Product Quick View lightboxes
Here's a demonstration of Product Image Zoom on a Product Item Page:
Before you begin
- Product Image Zoom isn't available on mobile devices.
- For best results, format your image for display on the web before uploading.
- Image Zoom displays a larger version of the image; it technically doesn't zoom in on an image file.
- Images with transparent backgrounds (.png) will display the original image behind the zoomed version.
Product Image Zoom by template
Product Image Zoom is available for the following templates:
- Brine family - Aria, Basil, Blend, Brine, Burke, Cacao, Clay, Ethan, Fairfield, Feed, Foster, Greenwich, Hatch, Heights, Hunter, Hyde, Impact, Jaunt, Juke, Keene, Kin, Maple, Margot, Marta, Mentor, Mercer, Miller, Mojave, Moksha, Motto, Nueva, Pedro, Polaris, Pursuit, Rally, Rover, Royce, Sofia, Sonny, Sonora, Stella, Thorne, Vow, Wav, West
- Farro family - Farro, Haute
- Skye family - Foundry, Indigo, Ready, Skye, Tudor
- Tremont family - Camino, Carson, Henson, Tremont
- York family - Artesia, Flores, Harris, Jasper, Jones, Lange, Shibori, York
Enable Product Image Zoom
While on a Product Item Page, go to the Home Menu, click Design, and then click Style Editor.
Check Enable Image Zoom.
Move the Zoom Factor slider between 1 and 5 to set the zoom level. Zoom Factor sets the level of magnification, with 1 being the lowest level.
Click Zoom Activates on: to select Click or Hover. On hover, the image will zoom as soon as the cursor is moved over it. In Galapagos, zoom will only activate on hover.
To add more interaction to your store, pair Product Image Zoom with Product Quick View.