After adding images or video to your Gallery Page, you can move images and add tags and categories to organize your content.
Note: The instructions in this guide also apply to Project Pages.
Gallery images and videos typically display in the same order as the thumbnails in the Gallery Page panel. You can reorder gallery content by following these steps.
The panel doesn’t include options for sorting alphabetically or chronologically, but you can create this order manually.
To move one image at a time:
- In the Gallery Page panel, hover over an image until you see a multi-directional arrow.
- Click and drag the image around the panel to move it into place.
- Repeat for all images until you reach your desired order.
To move multiple images:
- In the Gallery Page panel, press and hold Ctrl on Windows, Linux, and Chrome OS or Command on a Mac and click images to reposition.
- Selected images will have a light blue outline.
- Drag the images into place.
Exception: For templates with an Aspect Ratio style tweak, choosing Aspect Ratio: Auto maintains each image's original aspect ratio. As a result, images arrange automatically based on height and may appear in a different order than how they're arranged in the panel. To learn more about Gallery Page style tweaks, visit Styling a Gallery Page.
Move images between galleries
If you have multiple Gallery Pages, you can move Gallery images and videos between them. This is a great way to organize content without recreating it.
In the York, Artesia, Flores, Harris, Jasper, Jones, Lange, and Shibori templates, you can move images between Project Pages and Gallery Pages.
Add tags and categories
Use tags and categories to organize content and display images and videos in different group. Tags and categories won't appear in the gallery itself, but you can use the Tag Cloud Block, Archive Block, navigation links, and text links to filter content and help visitors find images by category.
To start adding categories and tags, click Tags + or Categories + in any image or video editor.
- Tags must be 80 characters or fewer.
- Categories must be 25 characters or fewer.
- Tags and categories are case-sensitive. For example, entering Apples, apples, and APPLES creates three tags or categories.
To learn more, visit Using tags and categories in a gallery.
To delete images from a gallery, select one or more images and then click Delete at the bottom of the panel. Click Confirm to permanently remove the image.
Display Gallery Page content across your site with blocks
You can use blocks to pull Gallery Page content from your existing page and display it elsewhere on your site. This is a great way to display images in different formats, highlight categories, or provide a visual link to your Gallery Page.
The following blocks work well with Gallery Pages:
- Gallery Block - Displays Gallery Page content in a Carousel, Grid, Slideshow, or Stack view.
- Summary Block - Filters specific Gallery Page content and displays as a Wall, Carousel, List, or Grid
- Content Link Block - Provides a visual link to your Gallery Page using the first gallery image, page title, and page description.
Share your images and videos to social networks and encourage visitors to share.