You can share Gallery Page images and videos using connected accounts, deeplink URLs, and Share buttons. You can also display them on your site using blocks.
Share images and videos on social media
Whenever you publish a new image or video to your Gallery Page, you can simultaneously push the content to any of the following accounts:
Sharing content directly from your Gallery Page works faster than copying the image or video link and posting it manually, plus you can push to multiple networks at once. If you don’t have any accounts in the Social tab, add them by connecting social accounts.
Tip: These steps also work for images in Project Pages.
Use the following steps to share your content:
- Select a Gallery Page with the image or video you want to share.
- Hover over the thumbnail in the Gallery panel and click the to open the Image Editor.
- Click the Social tab.
- Switch each social account where you want to share the image to on.
- When you click Save or Save & Publish, the image will appear in your selected social accounts.
Use Deeplink URLs to link to images
Deeplink URLs are unique URLs automatically assigned to images in many Squarespace template Gallery Pages. These URLs help send visitors directly to any image within a Gallery Page. You can also customize the deeplink URL.
For example, you could send a visitor to sitename.com/gallery/image03 to send them to a specific image within your gallery.
A few things to note about deeplink URLs:
- Deeplink URLs must be 250 characters or fewer.
- While you're logged into your site, you won't be able to see the deeplink URL in action. Log out or open a private browser window to test the deeplink URL.
- Gallery Pages in Index Pages don't support Deeplink URLs.
- Stacked galleries don't support deeplink URLs. If your Gallery Page switches to stacked on mobile, the deeplinks won't work on mobile.
- Deeplink URLs aren't available on Project Pages.
- Gallery Blocks don't support deeplink URLs.
Finding assigned deeplink URLs
To find the assigned deeplink URL, hover over an image in the Gallery panel and click the to open the Image Editor. Click the Options tab. The assigned deeplink URL is in the Image URL box.
When sending visitors directly to the link shown in this example, you'd send them to your site's domain with the whole deeplink at the end of the URL. Depending on whether you have a custom domain, it'll look like one of these:
Customizing deeplink URLs
You can also customize deeplinks to make them shorter. After finding your assigned deeplink URL, replace everything that comes after your gallery name and its backslash in the Image URL box, then click Save to publish your changes.
For example, you might replace the automatic slug with /custom-slug, which means you'd send visitors to one of these custom deeplinks:
The following templates' Gallery Pages use deeplink URLs. Templates are grouped by family.
- Adirondack - Slideshow display only
- Avenue - Slideshow display only
- Aviator, Aubrey, Encore
- Bedford, Anya, Bryant, Hayden
- Brine, Aria, Basil, Burke, Cacao, Clay, Ethan, Fairfield, Feed, Foster, Greenwich, Hatch, Heights, Hunter, Hyde, Jaunt, Juke, Keene, Lincoln, Maple, Margot, Marta, Mentor, Mercer, Miller, Mojave, Moksha, Motto, Nueva, Polaris, Rally, Rover, Sofia, Sonny, Sonora, Thorne, Wav, West
- Farro, Haute
- Marquee, Adversary, Alex, Eamon, Ginger, Mint, Shift (discontinued)
- Momentum - Slideshow display only
- Pacific, Charlotte, Fulton, Horizon, Naomi
- Skye, Foundry, Indigo, Ready, Tudor
- York, Artesia, Flores, Harris, Jasper, Jones, Lange, Shibori
Add Share buttons
The Flatiron template includes Share Buttons on Gallery Pages. Share buttons allow your visitors to easily share your images on their own social media accounts. To learn more more, visit Adding share buttons.