This guide walks you through Ishimoto’s options for adjusting the look and feel of your site. These options are available in the Style Editor.
This is a supplement to the guide Making style changes, which we suggest you read first if you're new to Squarespace.
Tips: In the Home Menu, click Design, and then click Style Editor. To access tweaks specific to a page, navigate to the Style Editor when on that specific page.
The Ishimoto template supports these page types:
- Gallery - Display images and videos in a full-bleed carousel that scrolls horizontally.
- Blog - The list-style Blog Page stacks posts vertically.
- Regular Page - A blank page you can customize with blocks.
- Album - Create a page with playable music tracks and cover art.
- Events - Create a calendar or list of events.
- Products (Classic) - Sell goods and services with our integrated Commerce features.
- Cover Page - A unique landing page styled separately from your template.
Site title and navigation
Use the Header Alignment tweak in the Site Header section of the Style Editor to change the position of the site title and tag line (right, center, or left).
- When the site title is centered, the navigation displays below the tag line.
- If Header Alignment is set to Right or Left, use the Header Navigation tweak in the Site Header section to move the the Main Navigation in relation to the site title (next to, opposite, or stacked below it).
- Uncheck Constrain Header Width in the Site Header section of the Style Editor to display them at the browser width. Check Constrain Header Width to display them at the Site Width. This tweak also affects the footer.
Use the tweaks in the Site Header section of the Style Editor to adjust the fonts, sizes, and colors of the site title and tag line, and the padding of the header. Site Subtitle tweaks affect the tag line.
Use the Site Title & Logo panel to adjust the site title and tag line, to delete the tag line, or to replace the site title with a logo.
Note: To learn how to adjust what pages display in the navigation menu, visit Adding pages to your navigation.
Use the Site Width tweak in the General section of the Style Editor to set the width of your site.
- The Header and footer won't follow this if the Constrain Header Width tweak is unchecked.
- Galleries always display full-bleed.
Use the Page Alignment tweak to align the main content area left, right, or center.
Site background and border
In the General section of the Style Editor:
- Use the Site Background tweak to change the background color of your site.
- Use the Page Border Color and Page Border Width tweaks to add a border at the top and bottom of your content.
Ishimoto supports a sidebar on Blog Pages only.
Note: The sidebar is hidden in mobile view.
Footer and social icons
The footer supports a customizable content area and social icons for any connected accounts. The content area displays on the right, and the social icons display on the left. The footer is site-wide, meaning the same footer displays on all pages.
Uncheck Constrain Header Width in the Site Header section of the Style Editor to display the footer at the browser width. Check Constrain Header Width to display it at the Site Width. This tweak also affects the header.
By default, the footer displays a sample address and phone number. Hover over the footer and click Edit to delete the footer content or replace it using blocks. For more information, visit Editing footers.
Use the tweaks in the Site Footer section of the Style Editor to adjust the color, size, and style of the social icons, or to hide them altogether.
Use the tweaks in the Main Content section of the Style Editor to adjust the font, size, and color of the headers, body text, and body text links throughout your site.
- Headings Size adjusts Heading 1 and Heading 2.
- Text Size adjusts Heading 3 and body text.
Because Squarespace templates are built with responsive design, your site adjusts on mobile devices to better fit the format of that device. You can use Device View to see how your site looks on different devices.
On mobile, a Menu label appears in the top-center.
- When you tap Menu, an overlay with your navigation links appears.
- The overlay background color matches the Site Background.
A Back To Top link appears at the bottom of the page above the footer.
Note: You can disable mobile styles in the Advanced panel.
Showcase your videos and images with a carousel Gallery Page.