Native's Blog Page displays as a list of vertically-stacked posts. Clicking a post title opens the full post at its own URL.
Note: To set up your Blog Page and posts, visit Blogging with Squarespace.
On the blog landing page:
- The date and categories display above the post. Select Blog Meta Data: Bottom to move these below the post.
- The source URL, tags, and the Comment, Like and Share buttons display below the post.
- Hide or display the author name with the Hide Author tweak in Site Styles.
- The Hide Icons tweak removes the icons next to the metadata.
- Meta tweaks adjust the metadata for your posts, such as the post date and tags.
- In the General section of Site Styles, make the Borders Color tweak opaque to add border lines at the bottom of blog posts. Lines will also appear above and below the Main Navigation.
- Promoted Blocks display above the post title and wider than post content.
- Thumbnail images display in circles above excerpts.
On individual blog posts, the layout is the same, but navigation for previous and next posts displays above the comments. Thumbnails don't display on individual posts.
Here's an example post on the blog landing page:
- The focal point doesn't apply to circular thumbnail images in blog excerpts.
- The thumbnail image won't display on narrow mobile devices, such as smartphones.
- Thumbnails don't display on individual posts.
Promoted Blocks display above the post title and content in the blog list and on individual blog posts. They are also wider than the post content.
- Promoted Blocks display the same way on mobile.
- Promoted Blocks don't display when there's an excerpt. The post thumbnail displays instead.
You can add a location tag to each post in the Location tab of the Blog Post Editor. The text from the Business Name field will display as the location tag.
On mobile devices and narrow browsers, content stacks vertically. Thumbnail images don't display.
Note: For general information about styling your site, visit Structure and style.